Old December 21st 10, 11:04 AM
Junior Member

Default How use Fritz 11 for a better analyse

Can you say how you use Fritz 11 for a best analyse with my games : tools : full analysis ( analys options ) and too blunder check . I know there is help with Fritz but no interesting for me , so a player chess can help me . Thank you very much for help .
Old December 21st 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 21/12/2010 11:04, pierjean wrote:
Can you say how you use Fritz 11 for a best analyse with my games :
tools : full analysis ( analys options ) and too blunder check . I know
there is help with Fritz but no interesting for me , so a player chess
can help me . Thank you very much for help .

I am guessing English is not your native language.

I find blunder check with an appropriate window ~30cp to be the best
value for money at about 15s per move for my games (longer for some).
Annotate as variations and store evaluation. Then I play through it
forwards with infinite analysis enabled and a half dozen top lines
displayed. This quickly finds any odd blind spots where the original
annotation was coloured by how the game played out.

I find full analysis too chatty and not always as helpful. YMMV

Neither of the tools works quite as described in the manual. It is quite
possible for there to be refinements that exceed the nominal window but
do not get added as annotation

Does Arena do this sort of thing any better?

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old December 30th 10, 05:50 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
On 21/12/2010 11:04, pierjean wrote:[color=blue][i]

I find blunder check with an appropriate window ~30cp to be the best
value for money at about 15s per move for my games (longer for some).
Annotate as variations and store evaluation. Then I play through it
forwards with infinite analysis enabled and a half dozen top lines
displayed. This quickly finds any odd blind spots where the original
annotation was coloured by how the game played out.

I find full analysis too chatty and not always as helpful. YMMV

Neither of the tools works quite as described in the manual. It is quite
possible for there to be refinements that exceed the nominal window but
do not get added as annotation

Regards,
Martin Brown
I definitely find the Full Analysis to be way too much information, most of which I already knew. I just play back through the game with analysis on, I think that alone is a great review of the game. I would like to try Deep Fritz but it is pretty expensive, around $120.
Old January 1st 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 21 2010, 3:55*pm, Martin Brown |||
wrote:
[...]

Good post. Stumbled upon this trying to see if it's worth while to
upgrade from Fritz 9 to Fritz 12. I do have a new multi-core
multiprocessor, but I don't care about using all my cores to analyse
chess (tends to bog down the machine). My question is whether you
find Fritz 11 useful enough to not upgrade to Fritz 12, and whether
Fritz 11 is better than Fritz 10 (which eBay still sells for $35USD).
Just seeing what my options are to upgrade from Fritz 9, which is
sorely lacking in analysis features (I can't even find "autoplay" for
example, where from a given position Fritz plays both sides--the
closest I can find is "analysis" which is not the same, as the
analysis is colored by what happened in the actual game, if a game is
attached to the position).

RL
Old January 1st 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Jan 1, 10:20*pm, RayLopez99 wrote:

Good post. *Stumbled upon this trying to see if it's worth while to
upgrade from Fritz 9 to Fritz 12. *I do have a new multi-core
multiprocessor, but I don't care about using all my cores to analyse
chess (tends to bog down the machine). *My question is whether you
find Fritz 11 useful enough to not upgrade to Fritz 12, and whether
Fritz 11 is better than Fritz 10 (which eBay still sells for $35USD).

Actually I found some cheap Fritz 12 DVDs in the USA and I might buy
one.

RL