Old January 3rd 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
GK GK is offline

Default Endgame Tablebases

Hi all,
I know this is a subject that has been discussed here many times over
the years, forgive me if i go over old ground.
I have had the Nalimov Tablebases (the old 4xCD set) in my collection
for many years now, and i see the latest version of Fritz Turbo, as
it's now called, is a 9xDVD set, covering all 5 piece and some 6 piece
endgames.
A few years ago, i asked about generating more tablebases, and found
that the way to do it was with the TBGen program that came with older
versions of Fritz (IIRC). Unfortunately, that program can only produce
tablebases for 5 piece endgames. I would like to create some 6 piece
endgames (not a full set), does anyone know of a program where i can
create specific 6 piece tablebases?
Time and processing power are not really an issue, computers are far
stronger now than when i last asked about this kind of thing.

TIA
GK
Old January 5th 11, 08:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:57:56 -0800 (PST), GK
wrote:

[...]

I don't know about generating the 6 man tablebase files, but you can
always download the 6 man files from these sites:

http://tablebase.sesse.net/
http://www.olympuschess.com/tb6/index.html

Don't use a download manager/accelerator program with
http://tablebase.sesse.net/, or you'll be blocked.

But probably the best way to download them is via eMule. eMule links
are he
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tablebases-online/

There's also a forum dedicated to tablebases, maybe it will be more
helpful than this almost dead newsgroup:
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/disc...wforum.php?f=6

Tony