Old February 6th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chess variant programs, including S-chess

The chess variant programs created by me (a sizeable number), on the
below link, are fairly strong as I have programmed them to handle
openings sufficiently well. It depends on variant, but I suppose they
have at least Elo 2050 on a strong computer (in big board variants it
is weaker, of course, due to greater search tree). So they are good
enough for the usual amateur. One must also keep in mind that the
human player will handle chess variants with greater difficulty than a
computer does. New rules and pieces take time to master. The programs
are certainly good enough for the purpose of evaluating the variants.
One can also use them for play over the Internet, against other
people.

http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/chessvar.htm

/Mats