Old March 28th 11, 11:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Hiarcs6 16 bit engine

I know this is an old question but I have Fritz 5.16 and chessbase 6.0
for 16 bit. I recently got the older Hiarcs 7.32 and wanted to transfer
the hiarcs6 16 bit to the Fritz chessbase 16 bit but for some reason it
doesn't work. Am I missing a file? I put it in the fritz engine folder
but it doesn't work. Hope someone can help in this old version.

EZoto
Old March 29th 11, 07:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

In article , EZoto
writes
I know this is an old question but I have Fritz 5.16 and chessbase 6.0
for 16 bit. I recently got the older Hiarcs 7.32 and wanted to transfer
the hiarcs6 16 bit to the Fritz chessbase 16 bit but for some reason it
doesn't work. Am I missing a file? I put it in the fritz engine folder
but it doesn't work. Hope someone can help in this old version.

EZoto

Was Hiarcs6 a ChessBase engine? I think that it might not have been, nor
was it in UCI format, and that it would only run in its own interface.
--
With best wishes from Eric Hallsworth
45 Stretham Road, Wilburton, Cambs CB6 3RX, England
Old March 30th 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 3/29/2011 1:42 AM, Eric Hallsworth wrote:
In ,
writes
I know this is an old question but I have Fritz 5.16 and chessbase 6.0
for 16 bit. I recently got the older Hiarcs 7.32 and wanted to transfer
the hiarcs6 16 bit to the Fritz chessbase 16 bit but for some reason it
doesn't work. Am I missing a file? I put it in the fritz engine folder
but it doesn't work. Hope someone can help in this old version.

EZoto

Was Hiarcs6 a ChessBase engine? I think that it might not have been, nor
was it in UCI format, and that it would only run in its own interface.

I have Fritz 5.32 and it comes with fritz 5.16 and I also have Chessbase
6.0 in 16 bit. In chessbase it says it can use Hiarcs6 as an analysis
engine and in Fritz 5.16 it says in the manual it can use it as well but
when I install it I cannot access it. It says I can.
I don't know if I am missing something.

EZoto
Old March 30th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Tony M wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:17:26 -0700, Tony M wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:36:02 -0500, EZoto
wrote:

I have Fritz 5.32 and it comes with fritz 5.16 and I also have Chessbase
6.0 in 16 bit. In chessbase it says it can use Hiarcs6 as an analysis
engine and in Fritz 5.16 it says in the manual it can use it as well but
when I install it I cannot access it. It says I can.
I don't know if I am missing something.

EZoto

Within Chessbase 6.0 (or Chessbase Light 6.0), click on the the Status
- Select analysis module... option from the main menu. There should
be five slots, for Alt-F2, Alt-F3, Alt-F5, Alt-F7 and Alt-F8. Click
the Select button beside the key combination that you want to assign
to Hiarcs 6, then browse to the location of the hiarcs6.dll file,
select the file and click OK. Then, when you want to analyze a
position, use the appropriate alt-F key combination to select the
engine that you want, whether it be Hiarcs 6 or Fritz 4.01 or whatever
other 16 bit engine you may have. Hopefully this is helpful.

Tony

Sorry, one other thing. The dll file should be in the same folder as
the executable file for Chessbase 6.0 (CB60.EXE) or Chessbase Light
(cblight.exe).

Tony

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

EZoto

Old April 2nd 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Sorry, one other thing. The dll file should be in the same folder as
the executable file for Chessbase 6.0 (CB60.EXE) or Chessbase Light
(cblight.exe).

Tony

It worked! Have Hiarcs6 for CB 6.0 for 16bit going. I thought I
could get the Fritz 5.16 also working but FRitz 5 won't see the
Hiarcs6 eng even though I put it in the engine folder with the hidden
dll. Don't know why.

EZoto