Old June 8th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Sloan v Goichberg Motion for a TRO is being renewed

I am in the process of refiling my motion for a temporary restraining
order in Sloan v. Goichberg.

I have emailed the original motion I filed for a temporary restraining
and a preliminary injunction regarding the fact that I have been
kicked off the ballot in the coming USCF election. I filed this motion
in Sangamon County Court in Springfield Illinois on April 12, 2011. No
response has ever been received from USCF counsel, David Herman.

I am now renewing the motion. The original motion is on my Facebook
Wall.

Of special significance in the fact that I have discovered that one of
the recognized candidates does not have enough signatures to get on
the ballot. On the list of delegates who signed his petition are five
non-delegates. Without those delegates he does not have enough
signatures. In addition there are three violations of the Nepotism
Rule which prohibit husband-wife and father-son teams from serving.
This rule was established as a result of the Polgar-Truong Affair
where both Polgar and Truong ran for election without disclosing that
they were married to each other and both were elected. At least they
were both chess players. Polgar is a grandmaster. Truong is a National
Master.

Violations of the Nepotism Rule include Bill Goichberg who appointed
his own wife Brenda Goichberg as a delegate and Allen Priest who
appointed his own son Thomas Priest as a delegate. Brenda Goichberg
has never played a rated game of chess in her life and, as far as we
know, has never played a game of chess of any kind in her life. Thomas
Priest is a child under the age of 18 and it was improper for his own
father to appoint him as a delegate.

In addition the signatures of the husband and wife team of Chris
Prosser and Angela McElrath Prosser appear on many ballots. Angela
McElrath Prosser has never played a rated game of chess in her life.

Bill Hall is stating that only the signatures of delegates count, and
the signatures of alternate delegates do not count. However, on the
lists of delegates who signed for the other candidates there are many
alternate delegates. For example, Wisconsin is only supposed to have
two delegates. Yet, the signatures of three “delegates” appear: Mike
Neitman, Guy Hoffman and Sandry Pahl. Alabama is only allowed to have
one delegate yet the signatures of two “delegates” from Alabama
appear.

Old June 8th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

relyea wrote:Is any of this factual? For example, it is easy to
see the Paul Truong is a FIDE Master. I know, I shouldn't waste my
time, but this is just silly.

Alex Relyea

P.S. Oklahoma is allocated one delegate, yet it had three(!) at
the meeting last year. The reason is left as en exercise for the
reader.

Right. Oklahoma is one of several states that have more delegates than
delegate slots.

New jersey (an anti-Goichberg state) is the opposite case. It supposed
to have five delegates and five alternates. Yet the board and the
office are refusing to give credentials to several New Jersey
Delegates who have been appointed by the New Jersey State Chess
Association. Those delegates who Bill Hall refuses to recognize all
signed my petition.

Old June 8th 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

I think that there are instances where both as husband and wife can
legitimately serve. For example, Myron and Rachel Lieberman have both
served on the USCF Executive Board, but not at the same time. They are
now delegates but each were independently elected by the full body of
delegates.

What makes the three cases I have cited here different is that in
every case the husband appointed his own wife or the father appointed
his own son as a delegate. No independent person would ever appoint
Brenda Goichberg as a delegate. She knows nothing about chess. She
gets to be a delegate only because her husband, Bill Goichberg,
appointed her.

Then both Bill and Brenda Goichberg signed the election petitions of
the three candidates they favor: Mike Neitman, Gary Walters and Allen
Priest. Without those signatures, Allen Priest would not have been
able to get on the ballot.

Old June 8th 11, 09:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

mfschulte wrote:

samsloan wrote:... in every case the husband appointed his own
wife or the father appointed his own son as a delegate.

This has been disputed in at least one of the cases you have
cited. Do you read what others write? If so, do you have proof that
your claim is accurate or are we supposed to take your word for it?

samsloan wrote:Without those signatures, Allen Priest would
not have been able to get on the ballot.

Or, more accurately, he might have had to seek other signatures
rather than stop when he had enough.

This brings up another issue:

On December 30, 2010 Bill Goichberg was walking around the Northern
American Open in Las Vegas twisting the arms of various delegates to
get them to sign a petition nominating Allen Priest.

Allen Priest clearly did not have enough signatures at that time.

It appears that they made several non-delegates into delegates in
order to put Allen Priest over the top.

Also, any signatures obtained in Las Vegas on December 30, could not
have reached the USCF offices in Crossville, Tennessee by December 31,
because the USCF offices were closed that day.

So, Bill Hall extended the December 31 deadline to a date in January
in order to give additional time to Allen Priest and Gary Walters who
was also having a hard time collecting signatures. So, special deals
were made to favor the insider sponsored candidates, but not the
outsider sponsored candidates like Sam Sloan.

Old June 8th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
[...]

Sam Sloan

Well Sam there you go again. You are exposed again so you change the
topic. And you still struggle with facts I see.

Let's see. There has been a technology revolution in our country over
the last few years. I think that now we have fax machines, and we
have various overnight delivery services including the USPS (which
will deliver to a PO Box overnight), and we have even have those
scanners and e-mail.

Whenever the office chooses to pick something out of its mailbox, fax
machine or computer system would be a separate issue.
The bylaws specifically state:

"Any USCF member not a current employee of the USCF is nominated for
election to the Executive Board upon submission to the Election
Committee of the following by December 31 of the year before an
election year:
1. A valid nominating petition containing the signatures of fifty (50)
or more Voting Members, ..."

Nowhere does it say that petitions can be submitted by FAX, email or
any other process which can easily be forged. I am not aware of any
election in which nominating petitions by FAX or email are allowed. If
the USCF wants to make a rule that allows that I would support it but
they have not done so to date.

The fact is that Allen Priest and Gary Walters did not have enough
signatures on time. Therefore Bill Goichberg was circulating petitions
for Allen Priest and Mike Atkins was circulating petitions for Gary
Walters on December 30, 2010. For this reason Bill Hall extended the
deadline so as to get these two insider-favored candidates on the
ballot.

Old June 9th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On 6/8/2011 11:42 AM, samsloan wrote:
[...]

The more significant issue is--have you filed answering papers to vthe
motion to dismiss made against your complaint?
Old June 9th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jun 9, 12:38*pm, BL wrote:

The more significant issue is--have you filed answering papers to vthe
motion to dismiss made against your complaint?

Sam is like a giant hemmoroid on the anus of chess.

Old June 9th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:32:03 -0700 (PDT), None
wrote:

On Jun 9, 12:38*pm, BL wrote:

The more significant issue is--have you filed answering papers to vthe
motion to dismiss made against your complaint?

Sam is like a giant hemmoroid on the anus of chess.

You're piling on, as it were.
Old June 9th 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

wrote:

On Jun 9, 12:38 pm, wrote:

The more significant issue is--have you filed answering papers to vthe
motion to dismiss made against your complaint?

Sam is like a giant hemmoroid on the anus of chess.

You're piling on, as it were.

Oye, that was bad! Funny though.