Old September 23rd 11, 08:55 PM posted to sci.math,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.sci.physics,sci.physics,comp.ai.philosophy

Default NFU allows a Universal Set of all sets!

On Sep 24, 5:43*am, David Bernier wrote:
Graham Cooper wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:09 am, David *wrote:
Graham Cooper wrote:

what's needed is a Heuristic Errortracing Restricted Comprehension
theory!

H.E.R.C.
--
http://tinyurl.com/C0NSTRUCTIVISM

Can H.E.R.C. , son of Zeus, defeat my computer and me at chess?
game on!

I think I can search an extra 10 layers deep than Deep Blue with my
new chess algorithm!

But that's another Labour of Hercules, I'm only half way through my
list!

Herc

The computer is playing against itself. *Now, it's White's move
#24. *Game so far:

1. e4 e6 * *2. Nf3 d5 * *3. Nc3 Nf6 * *4. exd5 exd5
5. d4 Bd6 * 6. Bd3 O-O * 7. O-O Bg4 * *8. h3 Bh5
9. Re1 c6 *10. Bf5 Qb6 *11. g4 Bg6 * *12. Nh4 Na6
13. g5 Nh5 14. Qg4 Rae8 15. Bd2 Qc7 * 16. Ne2 Re7
17. Rad1 Rfe8 18. a4 Qb8 19. Kf1 Nc7 *20. Nc1 Ne6
21. Nd3 Nhf4 22. Bxf4 Nxf4 23. Rxe7 Rxe7

You'll have to draw the board positions and a brief commentary on the
game, like this excellent write up by John Savard!

17. ... Q x b2 ... Q x P
But has White made a terrible mistake? Black finally has done
something active. In addition to moving far away to capture a Pawn,
Black threatens to capture White's Queen Rook with his Queen, which
would also give check, even as White's King Rook is exposed to capture
from Black's Bishop.

Black does have to do something drastic at this point, though. White's
Knight did not simply threaten to capture Black's Queen; it also still
threatens to move to c7, forking Black's King and Black's Queen Rook.
Another possible move Black could have made on this turn would have
been Q-QB3, moving the Queen to c6.

18. Bd6 B-Q6
Has White taken leave of his senses? He calmly ignores both threats to
his Rooks, and moves a Bishop. But Black is now forced to do something
with his Bishop, or see it taken, even if it is to go ahead and
capture White's Rook with it. And that Black bishop was the only thing
preventing White from moving his Knight to d6, creating a fork
involving a check to the King. So White could indeed have a reason for
his moves.

18. ... B x g1 ... B x R
Black is not going to be diverted from his plan by White's apparently
inexplicable antics.

19. e5 P-K5
This is too much! White has a Rook sitting there, waiting to be
captured, and there is also a Bishop to be taken before the resulting
check would make that impossible, and he advances a Pawn. What can he
be thinking?

THE IMMORTAL GAME
http://www.quadibloc.com/chess/ch0102.htm

Herc