Old December 12th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition video & drivers?

I like the graphics look & feel of Chessmaster better than anything else, and
the fact that it lets me set skill levels and doesn't just kick my ass all
the time, like Fritz etc.

But it crashes a LOT.

I'm running Win 7 with an ATI Radeon 5670.

Are there any drivers or settings I can change, to stop the crashing?

I wish UBI would just fix the bugs but they don't seem to care about anything
but taking money and giving as little as possible for it.

Old December 12th 11, 08:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 11, 4:55*pm, Anonymous [email protected] wrote:
I like the graphics look & feel of Chessmaster better than anything else, and
the fact that it lets me set skill levels and doesn't just kick my ass all
the time, like Fritz etc.

But it crashes a LOT.

I'm running Win 7 with an ATI Radeon 5670.

Are there any drivers or settings I can change, to stop the crashing?

I wish UBI would just fix the bugs but they don't seem to care about anything
but taking money and giving as little as possible for it.

I can say with 100% certainty that there is no more work being done on
Chessmaster -- at least as far as patching old versions. I'm also sure
that the GM Edition of CM was never tested on Win7, so there could be
any number of issues. However, can you give me some idea of when the
game is crashing? What is going on? What types of boards/pieces are
you using? Etc. That might give me some clue.

jm
Old December 15th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 14, 9:58*pm, Anonymous [email protected] wrote:
*wrote :

[...]

In 3D in training mode. Not all the time, but after awhile, and after I do
some forcing it to move faster with Ctrl-F and take back some moves.

It crashes in about 1 game in 12.

Ah, ok. I would guess that it is the takebacks that are causing it.
The last version that did that properly was CM9000, and the developers
broke something after that. Avoid them if possible and you should also
avoid the crashes. Looking forward to hearing if that helps.

jm
Old December 16th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

*wrote :

[...]

Will try it, thanks.