Old September 26th 14, 12:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default learning chess openings

problems in the opening phase when playing online or Otb ?

Now there is a new book teaching almost *all* (sub-IM)
chess-players the openings, which openings to play,
and which you can better avoid:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/jef-kaan/be...-21823166.html

Developed with the help of computer chess
(so therefore it's posted in this forum),

jef

Old September 26th 14, 01:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 26/09/2014 13:15, uttered:
problems in the opening phase when playing online or Otb ?

Now there is a new book teaching almost *all* (sub-IM)
chess-players the openings, which openings to play,
and which you can better avoid:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/jef-kaan/be...-21823166.html

Developed with the help of computer chess
(so therefore it's posted in this forum),

jef

Ok, let's see: ICCF 2140, KNSB 1597, unknown to FIDE. Sorry, Jan-Evert
but a player with 1600 OTB strength is unqualified to advise on chess
openings. To prove me wrong you could publish a free chapter to allow
potential readers to evaluate your opus magnus.

cheers,
Rainer
Old September 26th 14, 05:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

In addition, when (envious?) people start bs-ing about
my chess rating, well i started at age 35.
As i didn't waste my time with chess, i'm a physicist
and have an American Mba. Lately, more interested in science
however, and also computer chess although we are approaching
the end (where chess is a draw at perfect play).

Nevertheless, chess can be fun for a new generation,
in the Dutch steps program there is not anything
specific about opening until about level 6.
When my book is translated into Dutch it will
fill a gap for beginners, curious about some
elementary openings, but in a simple and applicable way.

See it as an addition to FCO(*), if you like, although i
think my book is much better (ie more suitable for *learning*
openings, not as an encyclopedia or complete overview
which nobody can remember, and which is still changing
everyday depending on the most recent (endgame) evals,
But simply as an guideline how to play in the opening
phase in rated games, from a modern perspective).

jef

PS1 (*)oh and that author is a GM, btw).
PS2 not 'qualified' by the Fide ?
haha; you must be joking ; and i
propose another organization btw
called Fair-Chess; here is the startup
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fairchess/

Old September 26th 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

[...]

in this computer/information age,
cheers,

jef

PS1 (*)oh and that author is a GM, btw Paul vd S).

Old September 27th 14, 10:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

oh and btw, i did think of writing the book with
a pseudonym, similar as eg this guy 'pafu' about
a beginners openings system (which is not so bad btw)
on the other hand, why should i.
jef
www.bookbuilder.nl
PS in this book the opening names and subvariations are
all clearly mentioned, contrary to the programs by Chessbase
(which only gives the main variation, and Eco code, but
not a name of a subvariation when the position is
transposing to such a variation), When i was in
Leiden more than ten years ago i mentioned this
to the Fritz programmer Franz Morsch but he
denied it and subsequently ignored it.
As a tool to view opening names eg of
some gambits or so (eg subvariations of the king's
gambit), the program bookbuilder is far better
-and cheaper- than eg. Chessbase 13,14, or whatever
maybe at release 15 or so they will improve it; or not.
and btw this book again is cheaper than the Bb program.
simply a book which every chess player must have
PS2 magnum opus ?
still coming !
(with a proof that chess is a draw)

Old September 27th 14, 10:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

in addition, to the feature in my book
that is properly mentioning the names
of the variations described, the book
has a high information density.
Often in a single footnote an entire other
opening book is refuted, sometimes by a GM.
Italian gambit ? simple refutation
Kings gambit ? best defense, Becker defense, 3...h6!!
not even mentioned in a recent and
comprehensive work by a certain Shaw
1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 h6!! 4. Nc3
( 4. d4 g5 5. Nc3 d6 6. g3
( 6. h4 Bg7 7. Qd3 Nc6 8. d5 )
6... fxg3 7. hxg3 Bg7 8. Be3 Nf6 9. Qd3 O-O 10. O-O-O Re8 )
( 4. Bc4 g5 5. Ne5 Qe7 6. d4 )
4... g5 5. d4 d6 6. h4
Although beginners with Black might
better apply 2...Bc5 as also given
in a book by Marin. while many GM's
nowadays seem to think that 1...e5 is
the best response to e4, this system
is given in my book at beginners level.
The Sicilian defense, obviously much better
is not so suitable for beginners and
thus will be dealt with in my next book
have fun

jef