Old December 20th 05, 05:54 PM
Junior Member

Default BHB chess clock question

Hello; I received a BHB Tournament clock as a gift (really nice!) and being someone who has to know how everything works, I want to find out what the half-circle slits with "+" and "-" in the back of the clock are for. There is a piece inside there that I thought might indicate how much the clock is wound up but that doesn't appear to be the case. It must be for adjusting something...does anybody know? Thanks very much.
-B
Old December 20th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Netsock

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:54:39 +0000, blazorge
wrote:

Hello; I received a BHB Tournament clock as a gift (really nice!) and
being someone who has to know how everything works, I want to find out
what the half-circle slits with "+" and "-" in the back of the clock
are for. There is a piece inside there that I thought might indicate
how much the clock is wound up but that doesn't appear to be the case.
It must be for adjusting something...does anybody know? Thanks very
much.
-B

To adjust the rate.

They should be set right from the factory, but over time may shift a
little.

To test, start clock at given time on atomic clock, and let run 3
hours.

if its fast, adjust towards the "-" a little. Slow...towards the
"+"...simple.
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/
Old December 20th 05, 09:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
michael adams

blazorge wrote:

Moste ye olde winde-uppe clockens haves ye + (advance) ande ye -
(retard) levers forre the quickenn & slowenne of ye olde clockenworke
mechanistickes..

--
blazorge

Old December 21st 05, 05:48 AM
Junior Member

Thanks very much for the answers! I do appreciate it.
Now 'twould be a fine thing if someone coulde juste tell me how to wind up this ole' lappe toppe? I wishe to checke me ye'-maile.

yarrr -B

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazorge