Old April 20th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default 2nd Annual RGCP Grudge Match

On 18 Apr 2006 18:00:04 -0700, "Tyrone Slothrop"
wrote:

June 26, 2005 was the date of the 1st Annual RGCP Grudge Match. Eleven
months afterwards, this historic matchup is still mentioned in RGCP.
But how can we say it was the first, unless there is a 2nd also? Well,
fear not.

It is almost time for the 2nd Annual RGCP Grudge Match, but I am
honestly uncertain about who should be the contenders this time.
Everyone on here is so full of vile and spit against everyone else that
it seems just about any two RGCPers would do.

Well, as last time, I'll toss my money in this time to sponsor if we
have some co-sponsors and we can find a pair of contenders and terms.
Only this time, I'll double up and stake $1500 this time on the match
if there are some co-sponsors that would agree to come up with another
$750.

So let's open the discussion. Which RGCPers would we like to see face
off against each other OTB?

I should also ask potential contenders, which of you would be willing
to play in a two person match if you were nominated? (Now potential
contestants, don't hold out hoping for me to double up again next year
and kick in $3K for the 3rd Annual RGCP Grudge Match, because if I
can't pull off this year's match, next year's match won't happen!)

And as last time, I'll ask potential co-sponsors, which of you would be
willing to put up some money for one of the few interesting and "real"
things that ever happen on RGCP?

RGCP Grudge Match ?

I do not think it will be possible to come up with a RGCP Grudge match
that works as well as the match did last year. I think you need the
following elements:

1. Genuine animosity and indeed hatred.

2. The players must be strong enough so that the games will be
interesting to watch. For example, nobody would pay to see the games
by Neil Brennen, a 1500 player.

3. The players must be close enough in strength so that either side
has a fair chance to win.

A good match would have been Jim Eade vs. Tim Hanke. There was genuine
animosity between them. Hanke used to accuse Eade of wanting to sleep
or having already slept with his sister-in-law (as though this would
have been a crime). Eade was a stronger player and would have been a
heavy favorite, but Hanke was strong enough to have some chance to
win.

But, alas, neither player posts here any more. Hanke has done his
patriotic duty by going off to Iraq where he fights in the war against
the Freedom Fighters over there, whereas Eade has moved in with his
sister-in-law full time and he gets the two sisters to have lesbian
sex with each other just for his own entertainment while resting up
from sex from one or the other of them in between.

I could play with Taylor Kingston. However, this would hardly be fair.
I would not want to take advantage of the fact that Kingston suffered
from a horrible birth defect while his father was giving birth, which
rendered Kingston unable to play chess and left him with a rare brain
disease which compels him to search endlessly through immense volumes
of published material searching for tiny spelling mistakes and
typographical errors. Strangely, there is only one other chess player
in the entire world that has that odd affliction. That is Edward
Winter.

The match between me and Bill Brock worked in part because, although
Brock was 110-points higher rated, he gave me draw odds. Thus, to win
a four game match I had only to win two games, whereas he needed two
wins and a draw. I won two out of the first three and thereby won the
match.

A good match would be Sloan vs. Bauer. The problem is that Bauer is
rated 366 points higher than me. This would seem to make him the
prohibitive favorite. However, I feel that Bauer's rating is not real.
He manipulated the rating system to get his rating over 2300 by
playing a rated match against a friend. Also, he has not played a
rated game in nine years since 1997. I feel that Bauer's true strength
is not more than 2150, and probably even less than that.
http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10320372

If I am right, then, in a four game match, I should win one game. My
games are almost never draws, so any odds involving draws cannot be
considered. However, a good match might be a three game match. The
deal would be that I only have to score one win or two draws in the
three games to win the match. This I think is a fair match. Bauer
would still be the heavy favorite but, nevertheless, I think I can win
it.

Back to Eade: Eade once told me (when we were still on good terms)
that he is incapable of producing children and therefore his wife has
never been able to get pregnant. Gentleman that I am, I offered to
impregnate his wife free of charge because I look a bit like Eade and
I have the proven capability time and again to get a woman pregnant.
However, Eade respectfully declined my generous offer.

So, I propose to play a match against Eade. Same odds as Bauer, since
Eade has about the same rating as Bauer. However, I do not want money
from Eade. If I win, my winnings will go to charity. All I get as my
prize for winning is to f Eade's wife (whom I have met, by the way.
Not a bad looking broad.) Eade can throw in her sister too, as a
bonus.

Does that sound like a fair deal?

Old April 22nd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
help bot

Sam, you are living in the Dark Ages. Women are not some sort of
commodity to be traded or auctioned off -- except perhaps in your
twisted little mind.

--

Here, for instance, is an example of how mucked-up your thinking can
sometimes be, even when sex is *not* involved (which is quite rare, I

"My games are almost never draws, so any odds involving draws cannot
be
considered. However, a good match might be a three game match. The
deal would be that I only have to score one win or two draws in the
three games to win the match."

Note how, *immediately* after insisting that odds "involving" draws
cannot even be considered, you go on to -- yes -- consider such odds,
yourself! If you can't think any clearer than this, you really must
consider joining the Revolving Dittohead Club; they need someone with
your rare talents to lead them.

-- help bot

Old April 22nd 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Vince Hart

help bot wrote:
[...]

Sam does not live in the dark ages. Sam lives in a parallel dimension
that only he inhabits. Occasionally that dimension intersects with the
one that the rest of us inhabit, at which times Sam seems almost
rational. The rest of the time, Sam is in his own little universe.

When I met Sam last summer, I was amazed at how oblivious he is. I do
not think that he had the slightest idea why anyone should object to
his conduct or his character. He chatted amiably with everyone as he
would with any fellow chess player. I am sure Sam has no idea why he
and Eade are no longer buddies.

I think this contributed to Bill's downfall. Bill is not someone who
normally uses animosity as motivation at the chess board, and Sam was
the wrong person to start with.

Old April 22nd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Stanford

"Vince Hart" I was amazed at how oblivious he is. I do not think that he
had the slightest idea why anyone should object to his conduct or his
character. He chatted amiably with everyone as he would with any fellow
chess player. I am sure Sam has no idea why he and Eade are no longer
buddies.

So if Sam is at a Chess Tournament, what would you have him do? Wear a
Scarlet Letter on his chest? Refuse to talk to people? Geez, if he talked to
an asshole like you, Sam definitely got hosed.

I think this contributed to Bill's downfall. Bill is not someone who

normally uses animosity as motivation at the chess board, and Sam was the
wrong person to start with.

Bill is a big ****ing dickhead. He talked trash for weeks, and when he got
called out he could not back-up his mouth when it counted. Sam bitch-slapped
him on the Chess board. When it mattered, Sam kicked ass.

If you have any more trash to talk about Sam, maybe you should take up the
challenge. If not, then you should shut up, bitch.

Old April 22nd 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
help bot

"Bill is a big ****ing dickhead. He talked trash for weeks, and when
he got
called out he could not back-up his mouth when it counted. Sam
bitch-slapped
him on the Chess board. When it mattered, Sam kicked ass."

Are the moves to these games available anywhere? I would like to see
just how well these famous posters actually play chess.

"If you have any more trash to talk about Sam, maybe you should take
up the
challenge. If not, then you should shut up, bitch."

Stress can do horrible things to one's body; consider trying to calm
down, before you fall over from a stroke or heart attack. Also, did
you know that those amphetemines have side-effects? Put the pills away
and try a glass or two of red wine instead.

-- Dr. help bot

Old April 22nd 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

BITCH-SLAPPED

Bill is a big ****ing dickhead. He talked trash for weeks,
and when he got called out he could not back-up his mouth when it
counted. Sam bitch-slapped him on the Chess board. When it mattered,
Sam kicked ass. If you have any more trash to talk about Sam, maybe
you should take up the challenge. If not, then you should shut up,
bitch.
(Stanford on Vince Hart and Bill Brock.)

"Bitch-slapped"?

But, but, it gets it just right. Bill Brock and Vince Hart did
talk "trash" for weeks, and one can see the image. An
accountant's office in Chicago: Sam as Darth Vader
holding up Mr. Brock so that the latter's toes are
wiggling two feet off the ground and then, yes,
"bitch-slapping" him.

I really shouldn't be giggling and laughing, but
I am. Stanford has made one of the funniest postings
in weeks.

Old April 22nd 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Louis Blair

helpbot )

_
From: "RGCP Grudge Match"
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Subject: Complete Game Scores and ICC chat/kibitz logfiles from 1st
Annual RGCP Grudge Match
Date: 26 Jun 2005 19:30:25 -0700
_
First Annual RGCP Grudge Match, Chicago, June 26, 2005
Bill Brock vs. Sam Sloan, 4 game match, draw odds to Sam
_
Results: 2-1 Sam Sloan wins the match
_
[Event "RGCP Grudge Match 2005"]
[Site "Bill Brock's office in Chicago"]
[Date "2005.06.26"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Sam Sloan"]
[Black "Bill Brock"]
[Result "0-1"]
[Opening "Grob: Fritz gambit"]
[ECO "A00"]
[NIC "VO.11"]
[Time "23:39:38"]
[TimeControl "4500+0"]
_
1. g4 d5 2. Bg2 Bxg4 3. c4 c6 4. cxd5 cxd5 5. Qb3 Nf6 6. Nc3 e6 7. Qxb7
Nbd7 8. Nb5 Rc8 9. Nxa7 Rb8 10. Qc6 Qa5 11. Nc8 Qc5 12. Qxc5 Bxc5 13.
b4 Bd4 14. Nd6+ Ke7 15. Rb1 Kxd6 16. e3 Bb6 17. Ne2 Ne5 18. Nf4 Ra8 19.
d4 Nc4 20. Ra1 Na3 21. Kd2 Rhc8 22. Bxa3 Rxa3 23. Rhb1 Bf5 24. Rb2 Ne4+
25. Ke1 f6 26. Nh5 Rc7 27. Ke2 Bg6 28. Nf4 Be8 29. Kf3 g5 30. Nxe6 Bh5#
{Black wins} 0-1
_
[Event "RGCP Grudge Match 2005"]
[Site "Bill Brock's office in Chicago"]
[Date "2005.06.26"]
[Round "2"]
[White "BillBrock-2042"]
[Black "SamSloan-1931"]
[Result "0-1"]
[Opening "QGD: Albin counter-gambit"]
[ECO "D08"]
[NIC "QG.02"]
[Time "23:33:29"]
[TimeControl "4500+0"]
_
1. d4 d5 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 d4 4. a3 Nc6 5. Nf3 Nge7 6. g3 Ng6 7. Bg5 Qd7
8. Bg2 Ngxe5 9. Nbd2 Nxf3+ 10. Nxf3 f6 11. Bf4 g5 12. Bc1 Bg7 13. O-O
Qd6 14. b4 Be6 15. c5 Qd7 16. b5 Na5 17. Nxd4 Rd8 18. Bb2 Bd5 19. e4
Bc4 20. Nf5 Bxf1 21. Qh5+ Qf7 22. Qxf7+ Kxf7 23. Bxf1 Rhe8 24. Bc3 b6
25. cxb6 axb6 26. Nxg7 Kxg7 27. f3 Nb3 28. Re1 Nd4 29. Kf2 Nc2 30. Rc1
Nd4 31. Bb4 Rd7 32. Bh3 Rf7 33. Rc4 Nxb5 34. a4 Nd6 35. Bxd6 cxd6 36.
Rc6 Rb8 37. Rxd6 Ra7 38. Rd7+ Rxd7 39. Bxd7 Rd8 40. Bb5 Rd2+ 41. Ke3
Rxh2 42. g4 Kf7 43. Kd4 Ke6 44. Kd3 Ke5 45. Ke3 Rb2 46. Bd3 Rb3 47. Ke2
Kd4 48. Bb5 Rb2+ 49. Kd1 Ke3 50. Bc6 Rb4 51. Kc2 Rc4+ {Black wins} 0-1
_
[Event "RGCP Grudge Match 2005"]
[Site "Bill Brock's office in Chicago"]
[Date "2005.06.26"]
[Round "3"]
[White "SamSloan-1931"]
[Black "BillBrock-2042"]
[Result "1-0"]
[Opening "Grob's attack"]
[ECO "A00"]
[NIC "VO.11"]
[Time "23:39:38"]
[TimeControl "4500+5"]
_
1. g4 e5 2. Bg2 h5 3. d4 exd4 4. g5 Bb4+ 5. Kf1 Nc6 6. Nf3 Bc5 7. b4
Bxb4 8. Nxd4 Nxd4 9. Qxd4 Bf8 10. Nc3 c6 11. Rb1 d5 12. h4 Ne7 13. Bb2
Qc7 14. e4 dxe4 15. Nxe4 Nf5 16. Qd3 Be6 17. Re1 Qd7 18. Nf6+ gxf6 19.
Qxf5 O-O-O 20. Qxf6 Bb4 21. c3 Bc5 22. g6 Qd3+ 23. Kg1 Qd2 24. Rxe6
fxe6 25. g7 Rhe8 26. c4 Qe1+ 27. Kh2 Bd6+ 28. f4 Qd2 29. Be5 Bxe5 30.
fxe5 Rd3 31. Rf1 Qe3 32. Rf3 Qe2 33. Rxd3 Qxd3 34. g8=Q Rxg8 35. Qxe6+
Kc7 36. Qxg8 Qf5 37. e6 Qf4+ {White wins} 1-0
_
Notes:
- All Time Controls were really G/75 (+ 5" Bronstein).
- In Game 3, Black resigned with 9 seconds left on the clock.
- Arbiter Vince Hart and Official Scorekeeper Larry Cohen awarded the
Best Game Prize, which was a copy of Benko's Life Games & Compositions,
to Sam Sloan for Game 3, for having delivered the best entertainment
value.

Old April 23rd 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
help bot

Thank you, Louis Blair.

That was informative. Sam Sloan seems to have grave difficulties in
the opening, getting himself "busted" before a real fight even begins.
Nevertheless, Bill Brock's difficulties in the middle and endgame are
even greater, in total (or was he just "unlucky"?).

At any rate, these two were well matched. But I was quite surprised
to see "myself" (according to Larry Parr, that is) listed as the
arbiter!

-- help bot