Old May 4th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,la.general

Default Open Chess Tournament Los Angeles

This is a Summons to Chess Tourney!

Are you an utterly obsequious coward? We, the partisans, paladins,
and protagonists of the Exposition Park Chess Club
[http://chess.expoparkla.com/] very greatly desire the attendance of
brave chess players.
This coming first Sunday of the month, May 7th, will be the
occasion of a free, unrated, three-round chess tournament. Cash prizes
will *NOT* be awarded, but the names of the winners will be published
in the Los Angeles area print media, posted transnationally in this
major, chess-related Usenet newsgroup [rec.games.chess.misc], as well
as celebrated worldwide on our chess club's Web site
[http://chess.expoparkla.com/]. Indeed, early registration (at least 48
hours in advance!) for the tournament is easiest by visiting our Web
site; Follow the link "online tournament signup".
Players of all skill levels, from beginner to rated Master, are
invited to compete in this tournament. Registration, on the day of the
tournament, begins at 1:00 PM and closes promptly at 1:30 PM at the
Exposition Park Library [http://www.lapl.org/branches/06.html], which
is located in the USC vicinity
[http://www.lapl.org/branches/maps/06-m.html].
The Library's address and contact information is:

Exposition Park Regional Library
3665 S. Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90007
Tel: 1 323 732 0169
Fax: 1 213 612 0540

The Library, with its ample lot parking, opens on Sundays at 1:00
PM, the same time at which in-person registration on the day of the
tournament begins. Competitors should arrive early so that no delays
occur.
By playing in this tournament, you will achieve eloquence,
conceive the imaginative, surpass the ordinary, elevate the
downtrodden, revive the career of Donald Rumsfeld - well, maybe not the
Rumsfeld career revival thing.
In any case, arise ye victims of repression, you have nothing to
lose but your shyness!

P.S.: Because of the large attendance at various of our previous
tournaments, it is strongly urged that, if you want to be certain of
being able to play, you should BRING YOUR OWN CHESS SET, BOARD, AND
CLOCK!