Old March 9th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Bobby Fischer Birthday

Happy 64th Birthday to Bobby Fischer !!!!

Old March 9th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Best wishes for the greatest world chess champion. It's time to return all
of his properties to him, to return his championship medals, too, and to
allow him to come back in his native country like a king. His chess
contribution is enormous, so all chess players would support that.
Dear Bobby we are all grateful and proud on your chess achievements and
would like to help you in correction several great mistakes which, some
people who don't like chess enough, have done to you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Goran Tomic, FIDE master

wrote in message
ups.com...
Happy 64th Birthday to Bobby Fischer !!!!

Old March 9th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 9, 12:10 pm, "Goran Tomic" wrote:
Best wishes for the greatest world chess champion. It's time to return all
of his properties to him, to return his championship medals, too, and to
allow him to come back in his native country like a king. His chess
contribution is enormous, so all chess players would support that.
Dear Bobby we are all grateful and proud on your chess achievements and
would like to help you in correction several great mistakes which, some
people who don't like chess enough, have done to you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Goran Tomic, FIDE master

"Jews use Christian children. They murder them and use the blood for
their black magic ceremonies. They mix blood through those crusts, the
matzos." -- Bobby Fischer, radio interview

What a card, that Bobby!

Old March 9th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 9 Mar 2007 08:43:07 -0800, wrote:

Happy 64th Birthday to Bobby Fischer !!!!

Do we still need him? Should we still feed him?
Old March 9th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Do we still need him? Should we still feed him?

Nice Beatles plug ........ "World According to Garp" ??

Old March 9th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
[...]

For a minute I thought that was a dead-kennedy's lyric from souther Cal.
Sort of like Wade's chess record and his suggested pink religion having some
sort of /necessary/ relation to each other.

I think its okay to appreciate Fischer's chess without /only/ having to say
that he practices miserable antisemiticism. Why... I could say that about
several other players, anti-semites, and worse, whore mongers and woman
haters.

What unites semites and anti-semites absolutely, is that when you play over
a game score, you can scarecly tell one from the other.

Those who no longer play it, talk of it speculatively [lol] in terms of
personality, those who do play, bond with each other as intelligent beings
will, and trans-personally, as if they got over themselves and contacted
others. And it was good.

And there you have the Royal Game.

Phil Innes

Old March 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Mar 9, 1:48 pm, wrote:
Do we still need him? Should we still feed him?

Nice Beatles plug ........ "World According to Garp" ??

No, "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (1967).

Old March 9th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Quick Fischer story/fact:

The Herceg Novi blitz event was the speed tournament of the 20th
century. It had four world champions competing, and Bobby not only
finished 4 points ahead of Tal in second place, he also obliterated
the Soviet contingent, 8 - 1 , whitewashing Tal, Tigran Petrosian
and Vasily Smyslov, six-zip; breaking even with Viktor Korchnoi; and
defeating David Bronstein with a win and draw. According to one
report, Fischer spent no more than 2 minutes on any game, thereby
also giving, in effect, heavy speed odds to powerful opponents. So,
while Tal or a Soviet editor rewriting Tal is technically correct that
the greats could beat Fischer, it is more apt to say that he could
beat them far, far more often.

Herceg Novi Blitz Tournament (5-Minute Chess)
1. Fischer 19
2. Tal 14
3. Korchnoi 14
4. Petrosian 13
5. Bronstein 13
6. Hort 12
7. Matulovic 10
8. Smyslov 9
9. Reshevsky 8
10. Uhlmann 8
11. Ivkov 7
12. Ostojic 2

AMAZING !!!!

Source: http://hobokenchess.tripod.com/

Old March 9th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 9, 1:48 pm, wrote:
Do we still need him? Should we still feed him?

Nice Beatles plug ........ "World According to Garp" ??

No, "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (1967).

Mike is inferencing the next line

"When I'm 64"

which is like, the age Fischer got to be today man

what Goran wrote was about his chess art
which we all liked, no?
and what Taylor wrote was about his life art,
which is different,
but still, is what we don't like

for me,
Fischer has struck a deal with the devil on attaining one and not the other,
and rather than condemn his behaviors and wish him to the devil, i wish him
to fulfill what seems to me to be his undeveloped side. there is some
precedent for this point of view in western religious appreciation

phil innes

Old March 9th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
Happy 64th Birthday to Bobby Fischer !!!!

Who is Bobby Fisher?
MW