Old May 15th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Suspension of Rich Jackson

Dear Mr. Rich Jackson,

I am not involved in your case. I do not know you. I have never
knowingly met you. I know nothing about you. I certainly have nothing
against you.

However, the evidence presented against you was overwhelming. You held
a scholastic chess tournament in Connecticut around two years ago. You
collected money from the kids and their parents, including entry fees
and membership dues. You never sent the tournament results or the
membership forms or the money into the USCF. As as result, these
children never got their memberships or their tournament rated.

Repeated efforts were made to contact you. Certified letters were sent
to you which were returned refused. You could not be reached on the
telephone either. This process passed through several hands including
the local chess organizers in Connecticut and the Tournament Directors
Qualification Committee.

It was said that you gave a box of stuff about this tournament to a
Connecticut chess official and asked him to take care of it, but it
was such a jumbled mess that he could not make anything out of it. He
returned it to you. The last thing that was heard was that you had put
this box of stuff on the front porch of your house and had told him to
come by and pick it up. It is still sitting there.

When you organize and direct a USCF rated tournament, it is your
obligation to send in the results plus the membership fees and rating
fees promptly to the USCF office. This is especially true in a
tournament involving children.

I am sorry that you are having problems with your ex-wife and the
custody of your child but many of us have problems like that. When you
run a USCF rated scholastic tournament it is your obligation to put
those problems aside and take care of the tournament.

This finally came before the board during a board meeting in Stamford,
Connecticut on November 17-18, 2006 where another scholastic
tournament was taking place. You were not there but many scholastic
organizers were present who knew you. You had every opportunity to
appear and present your defense.

We were informed that there was a similar incident involving you
several years ago where you did the same thing, but you finally made
good and were re-instated after a long period of time.

Frankly, I think you got off easy. I feel that the punishment for your
misconduct should have been much more severe. As things stand now, you
can still be reinstated in the USCF provided only that you send in the
tournament report, the documents and the money that you were supposed
to have sent in two years ago.

Very Truly Yours,

Sam Sloan

At 08:18 PM 5/14/2007 EDT, wrote:
Dear And

I will adopt a softer stance of a wait and see policy for now.

I cannot play in a rated game at the club.

They demand items from me that is impossible for me to deliver.

I was not given, nor am I given now, an opportunity to have a fair and
objective review of my actions with me being given an opportunity to
present my side of the matter.

I should have wondered why her office door was always closed and locked.

I would like to know if he is visiting so I can stay away from her
place during those hours so a confrontation can be avoided.

As his mother had 12 accidents/tickets in a four year span of time, I
think it is best if his dad teaches him how to drive who had his last
traffic citation in 1989.

I am deeply saddened that I can no longer compete in WCC tournaments as
I cannot provide the information the USCF is demanding due to computer
damage caused by my son and the President of the CSCA in not sending in the
membership checks to the USCF when I sent them to him last summer.

I have barely $3,000 in the bank due to the divorce.

Frankly, I am bankrupt and I would have never bid to host the tournament
in 2005 if I knew my ex-wife was likely having an affair and a divorce was
barrelling down the highway directly at me.

If the USCF does not give me a chance to present my case then it will be
a cold day in purgetory before I come out of these two suspensions.

If the USCF continues to maintain its screw Rich Jackson approach, who
never got one chance to defend himself and will never get a chance to do
so, my new policy of wait and see goes out the window.

Mr. Goichberg is at the head of the list.

I just want my day in court!

That right, no pun intended, has been stolen from my by the worthless USCF.

As I discovered last year, in the chess world you find a lot of fair
weather friends.

At the club, we are club members and I enjoy his company as an
acquaintance.

When I was able to assist him I always did so and he knew that he could
always count on me.

When Mr. Celone had severe medical problems six years ago, I was on the
phone two or three times a day to his wife or doctors for almost two months.

Now Mr. Goichberg and Mr. Celone are at the head of the posse to hang Rich
Jackson from the nearest branch without him having had a chance to defend
himself.

Fair weather friends describes the USless CF and the CSCA.

Mr. Jackson

In a message dated 5/14/2007 3:27:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Rich,
A clarification: we were just searching for someone to replace John Marino
as a president, due to his other busy commitments, and P. Wright was one of
the members presented with the question; she declined, is not and will not
be WCC president.
I prefer that, based on this information, you consider your wish with John
Marino, who graciously remains the President for as long as it takes, until
there will be an acceptable replacement
Best regards,
Andre

Old May 15th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Don't tell us Sam. Write to the man directly and stop trying to look
like you are doing something now. How pathetic!

writes:

Rich,
A clarification: we were just searching for someone to replace John Marino
as a president, due to his other busy commitments, and P. Wright was one of
the members presented with the question; she declined, is not and will not
be WCC president.
I prefer that, based on this information, you consider your wish with John
Marino, who graciously remains the President for as long as it takes, until
there will be an acceptable replacement
Best regards,
Andre- Hide quoted text -

Old May 15th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Rob" Don't tell us Sam. Write to the man directly and stop trying to
look
like you are doing something now. How pathetic!

Hey retard. Don't you ever have any other note to play on your magic flute?
Do you realize what a ****ing asshole you are? Has anyone ever met you in
person and held you accountable for your mouth? Do you have a wife or
girlfriend or are you busy fisting yourself every night as you take shots at
Sloan?

Old June 3rd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Rich Jackson, whose life membership has been suspended, it starting to
send increasingly crazy rants attacking the board. Some members of the
board are becoming increasingly concerned.

In case some of these letters get into general circulation, I want to
explain the general gist of the case.

Rich Jackson is a big scholastic organizer in Connecticut. He runs a
chess school. However, when Grandmaster Alex Sherzer was arrested on a
charge of attempted statutory rape a few years ago, Rich Jackson
traveled to Alabama at his own expense to testify AGAINST Sherzer and
try to have him locked up for a long time. Fortunately, Sherzer beat
the case.

In 2005, Jackson ran a big scholastic tournament with around one
hundred children as players. He hired several assistant TDs to help
him, but he was in charge.

After the tournament was over, Rich Jackson failed to send in to the
USCF a tournament report or the membership dues and forms he had
collected from the players.

Eventually, Bill Hall negotiated a settlement with Jackson. However,
Jackson reneged on the deal and did not keep his end of the bargain.

The matter went to Tim Just and the Tournament Directors
Qualifications Committee. After due deliberations, the Just Committee
recommended a permanent ban on directing tournaments and a revocation
of his life membership, especially since this was Jackson's second
offense.

The matter came before the Executive Board at the meeting in Stamford
Connecticut on November 17-18, 2006. Jackson was informed by certified
mail of his right to be heard.

Jackson never appeared at the hearing, although he lived nearby. He
claims that he never opened the certified letter and therefore did not
know about it.

At the meeting on November 18, 2006, the soft-hearted Executive Board
imposed a lesser penalty than that recommended by the Just Committee.

Jackson claims that he was never informed of the decision of the
Executive Board. However this too was because he never opened the
certified letter that was sent to him.

Now, because his life membership was suspended, he no longer receives
Chess Life magazine. He also can no longer play in USCF rated
tournaments. He is on the banned list.

With that background, here is one of the many crazy letters the board
has received recently from Rich Jackson.

In a message dated 6/3/2007 3:10:02 AM Eastern Daylight, Time Rich
Jackson wrote:

I noticed that you did not object to my claims of what happened in LA
or Las Vegas. Therefore, they become proof positive.

I am deleting Mr. Sloan's email as he is an idiot and knows nothing. I
am also deleting Mr. Goichberg. I now delete you as you are an idiot
too! Checks made out to the USCF more than a year after the event
cannot be deposited.

That is a federal fraud offense and Mr. Goichberg has sent me emails
encouraging me to such things.

Duh!

Wake up!

Does anyone know that my son spilled a beverage on my laptop in late
August which has made it impossible for me to access Pair Plus?

Like your five other board members, you tried me in absentia, without
notification, and I was hanged. I was not even notified of this until
almost five months after the fact.

The EB members are *******s. I had a rough year.

Fudge you!
Mr. Jackson

Old June 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sloan does not represent what Jackson said of his own circumstances, as is
typical of Sloan's posts, which //always// blame other people. Sloan himself
has not agreed to be interviewed about his own behavior, and so it goes...

Mr. Jackson encountered substantial personal difficulty relating to his
financial situation, and did not seem, to me, to me in the least bit
shirking of his responsibility, and honestly displayed his personal
condition in vulnerable manner, that, at present, he could not honour his
debt to USCF.

Sloan slams him, absent this reference, which Sloan knows, but fails to
represent. What a face of an honest reporter! Least of all about himself
where Sloan evades ALL questions.

Phil Innes
Vermont

Old June 3rd 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Here is another Rich Jackson letter that just came in.

I ask you, should we show some leniency towards this nice man and let
him back in the USCF, even without his paying the membership dues of
the children from whom he took money?:

In a message dated 6/3/2007 10:35:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RICHSCHESS writes:

I suggest you remove me from your advertising list. Essentially the
USCF Exec Board, headed by your good buddy, have place me under a
lifetime ban as a player. To get reinstated they demand items that
are now impossible to provide. I do emphasize IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Those mean spirited SOB's even took away my magazine subscription
since December and I am a life time member. The EB never even
bothered to notify me in advance or after the fact. I only found out
about the 11/20 vote on 4/13. Friday the 13th for sure.

Screw the USless CF.

I want my money back you mean spirited SOB's. Oh heck, why don't I
just put it in language they might understand, You sons (and daughter)
of a bitch. The EB is made up of liars and thieves.

I was never given a chance to defend myself. Sometimes bad things
happen to good people. However, good people sometimes get pushed to
far.

Screw the USless CF.

I hope the USless CF EB likes emails as I am only getting warmed up!
"Enjoy your summer!"

Rich Jackson

Old June 4th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 15:33:58 -0700, samsloan
wrote:

I ask you, should we show some leniency towards this nice man and let
him back in the USCF,

Only if he agrees to become our FIDE representative.
Old September 3rd 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

The suspension of Rich Jackson as a USCF member has just been lifted.

The board voted 7-0 to lift the suspension after Bill Hall notified
the board that he had received a "wall chart" of the scholastic event
held two years ago that Jackson had never sent in for rating.

Old September 3rd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplor
Sam,Does this have something to do with your problem
with first-time USCF members being able to receive a no magazine USCF
tournament membership for only one dollar?
No. You are confusing Rich Jackson with Richard Peterson. Rich Jackson
is in Connecticut. Richard Peterson moves around between Arizona,
California and Nevada with his various wives and children.

But, now that you have brought this up, Richard Peterson has just
returned too. It seems that the old gang is returning. Stan Booz,
Bruce Draney, Stan Vaughan, Richard Peterson and a bunch of other old
denizens of rgcp have been coming back (to haunt us) since the
election. Only Tom Dorsch and Tim Hanke have not checked in yet, plus
Tom Klem who is dead.