Old February 18th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Fritz, engine off by default

I use Fritz 9, 80% of the time as a manual analysis board. For this
purpose I switch the engine off (Engine, Switch off engine), but every
time I load a new position, and sometimes I think if I edit the PGN in
certain ways, the engine starts up again. Very annoying.

Even if I go to Engines, Engine Management, and make all the engines
inactive, the 5.32 engine still starts up!

Is there any way to set the engine so that it does not start up unless
I explicitly switch it on?

Paul