Old February 28th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default IVAN VS GETCLUB NEW THREAD

Summary of the Game
-----------------------------------

It is a game between Ivan 1700/1800 Rated which plays moves in 1-2 min
vers GetClub Normal Level which plays in 1-2 min

The game is being played on Usenet because SAT W-7 do not have a
Computer / Web Browser he just have Web TV for computer surfing. So I
am playing the moves for GetClub Normal Level for him and he is
playing the moves made by IVAN.

This game will test GetClub Normal Level Strength agains IVAN. GetClub
is at better position in this game because IVAN made a blunder at move
Playing 11 ...Bh4. Instead of saving its knight It got two pieces
being attacked by pawns.

Next Time We will play IVAN vs Easy Level which makes moves in 20-40
sec I think IVAN will be able to match the strength of Easy Level.
Normal Level is very tough for IVAN.

Here the Moves Played So far.

GetClub Normal Level Play Rxh4 (Rhxh4)

(GetClub Normal) - (Ivan 45 Moves in 45 min)
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 exd4
4. Nxd4 Bc5
5. Nb3 Bb4+
6. c3 Be7
7. Nd4 Nxd4
8. cxd4 Nf6
9. e5 Ne4
10. Qc2 d5
11. f3 Bh4??? {One Point Loss}
12. g3 Nxg3
13. hxg3 Bxg3+
14. Kd1 g6
15. Nc3 c6
16. Bh6 Bf5
17. Bd3 Bxd3
18. Qxd3 R-g8
19. R-h3 Bf2
20. K-e2 B-h4
21. Nxd5 Qxd5
22. Rxh4

Just reply whenever you are free.

Bye
Sanny

Old February 28th 08, 10:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Ivans move is ..Queen D-5 to D-8 ?

It was thinking of castling for a awhile then changed it's mind ..

2.35 now , will be home around 5,6,or 7 PM so no need to wait for me
today but i will move when i get home..

Nice intro on the new thread..

yes id want to have a rematch ..

by by

Old February 28th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

queen to D-8 .......D-5 to D-8...?

It was thinking of castling...

I will leave my moves here now .....

I thought i did leave my move here but it was the old thread..I am tired
..ha ha

will move when i get home , 5 or 6 or 7 pm..

Old February 28th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
SBD SBD is offline

On Feb 28, 12:18*am, Sanny wrote:
Summary of the Game
-----------------------------------

It is a game between Ivan 1700/1800 Rated which plays moves in 1-2 min
vers GetClub Normal Level which plays in 1-2 min

By which federation or group is this "Ivan" rated?
Old February 28th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

GetClub Normal Level Play R-e4 (Rh4-e4)

(GetClub Normal) - (Ivan 45 Moves in 45 min)
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 exd4
4. Nxd4 Bc5
5. Nb3 Bb4+
6. c3 Be7
7. Nd4 Nxd4
8. cxd4 Nf6
9. e5 Ne4
10. Qc2 d5
11. f3 Bh4??? {One Point Loss}
12. g3 Nxg3
13. hxg3 Bxg3+
14. Kd1 g6
15. Nc3 c6
16. Bh6 Bf5
17. Bd3 Bxd3
18. Qxd3 R-g8
19. R-h3 Bf2
20. K-e2 B-h4
21. Nxd5 Qxd5
22. Rxh4 Qd8
23. Re4

Chastling was not a good move as Bishop would have attacked the
Rook(at d8) and your h7 Pawn would have gone.

Old February 29th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

ivans move is Queen D-8 to B-6
.................................................. .............................................attac king
the B-2 pawn

Now your winning + 2.I ......

Now you see why i have only beaten Ivan one time at this level
...Talking about Ivans last move ..

You can go to your search engine and look for the EXCALIBUR brand of
chess sets ...Their box say's I800 ELO But when i see it make a blunder
move like the eleventh move in this game it makes me think it can not
be that strong..But i have no idea how these are programmed....

Ivan the Conqueror 2 is the one i have
Sometimes i think i have number one instead of two ......I got it a few
years ago real cheap about 20 $ , a store was going out of business so
prices were low to get rid of stuff...

I know it is weak in the chess computer world but i usually pull for the
underdogs so i like it.

nite

worked from 4.I5 AM to 6.30 PM and now it is 8.00 PM and i have to be
back in at 4.00 AM.
will look to see if you moved when i wake up for work and then another
long day ..Next week i will have lots more time to myself ...We mite be
able to finish the game ..

nite

Old February 29th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

GetClub Normal Level Play Q-b3 (Rd3-b3)

(GetClub Normal) - (Ivan 45 Moves in 45 min)
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 exd4
4. Nxd4 Bc5
5. Nb3 Bb4+
6. c3 Be7
7. Nd4 Nxd4
8. cxd4 Nf6
9. e5 Ne4
10. Qc2 d5
11. f3 Bh4??? {One Point Loss}
12. g3 Nxg3
13. hxg3 Bxg3+
14. Kd1 g6
15. Nc3 c6
16. Bh6 Bf5
17. Bd3 Bxd3
18. Qxd3 R-g8
19. R-h3 Bf2
20. K-e2 B-h4
21. Nxd5 Qxd5
22. Rxh4 Qd8
23. Re4 Qb6
24. Qb3

It was a good move by Ivan. It can now exchange the Queen and White
pawns will get doubled.

Computers play at different strength at different stage of Game. And
overalll rating is just an Avaerage.

For Example GetClub Plays with 1900 Rating in Middle Game then plays
with 1400 Rating in End Game So On an Average it plays 1700-1800.

Simmilarly different computer programs are good at different things.
Some are good at saving their Kings. Some are good at Tactics. And
some are good at Pawn Formation. So it is difficult to say How a
Computer will play against other. As for different situation one gets
advantage than other.

Looks like IVAN is now catching up and will give good opposition to
GetClub Advantage.

Old February 29th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Feb 29, 1:26 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

I have analyzed this using a strong program
and it shows a fairly steady winning advantage
for White ever since the error at move eleven.

With "normal" chess programs it would be
pointless to continue, as White is up a piece
and the doubling of pawns and so forth is not
relevant. But with GetClub's problem in not
knowing how to force mate with K & Q vs. K,
there may yet be some hope. The trouble is,
it may -- purely by chance -- stop to grab a
few extra pawns before liquidating to a simple
ending like that, in which case the pawns
just advance up the board and GC could have
three or four Queens and stumble upon a mate.

The position at move eleven is not so
completely lost as this game seems to imply;
Black could have done better; for instance, the
move 12. ... Bf5 is much more complex and
therefore, GetClub would have more of an
opportunity to go wrong if its calculation time
were limited. I think a very strong program,
given plenty of time, might well win or draw
against GC after 12. ...Bf5, because it is so
complex. There are numerous checks and
so forth, and this can throw off any program
which has not correctly implemented the
check and capture search extensions I have
talked about so many times. It also can
have the same effect on human players!

-- help bot
Old February 29th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Feb 29, 1:08*pm, help bot wrote:
On Feb 29, 1:26 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

* -- help bot- Hide quoted text -

Lets see if IVAN can take advantage of GetClubs weak end Game.

Bye
Sanny
Old February 29th 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

ivans move King E-8 to C-8 , A-8 to D-8 ...???
It castled ...

thanks for that explanation...on chess programs.

Will get club grab the F- 7 pawn or trade queens ?

another long day today ..not sure when i will get home ..5 , 6 , 7 ??
PM ......

by by will look here when i get home from work..