Old April 17th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Please Analyze this game between Easy Level & Chrisf

Chrisf is 2nd best player at GetClub Chess.

He used to win in just 20-30 Moves earlier.

But now as the GetClub game has been improved he now takes 50-60 Moves
to win the Higher Levels.

In the game below he sacrificed its Rook. and win the game. GetClub
also Sacrificed its Knight but I do not understand whether the
Sacrifice of Knight by Easy Level was correct or not.

Game Played between chrisf and easy at GetClub.com

chrisf: (Black)
easy: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...363&game=Chess

White -- Black
(easy) -- (chrisf)

1. e2-e4{0} e7-e5{2}
2. Ng1-f3{0} Nb8-c6{2}
3. Bf1-b5{0} a7-a6{2}
4. Bb5-a4{0} Ng8-f6{2}
5. Ke1-g1{48} Bf8-e7{4}
6. d2-d3{20} Ke8-g8{16}
7. Nb1-c3{36} d7-d6{16}
8. Ba4-c6{26} b7-c6{2}
9. h2-h3{38} Ra8-b8{10}
10. Ra1-b1{22} Bc8-e6{12}
11. Nf3-g5{40} d6-d5{4}
12. Ng5-e6{24} f7-e6{2}
13. Bc1-g5{30} h7-h6{8}
14. Bg5-h4{26} Qd8-e8{16}
15. e4-d5{30} c6-d5{12}
16. Rf1-e1{32} Nf6-d7{2}
17. Bh4-e7{24} Qe8-e7{2}
18. Re1-f1{20} Rf8-f5{8}
19. Qd1-e1{22} Rb8-f8{28}
20. Kg1-h1{32} Nd7-f6{18}
21. f2-f3{28} Nf6-h5{62}
22. Kh1-g1{34} Nh5-f4{6}
23. Rf1-f2{22} Qe7-h4{16}
24. Rf2-d2{22} Qh4-h5{18}
25. g2-g4{20} Qh5-h3{32}
26. g4-f5{34} Rf8-f5{2}
27. Nc3-e4{28} d5-e4{10}
28. d3-e4{24} Rf5-g5{6}
29. Kg1-f2{48} Qh3-h2{12}
30. Kf2-e3{22} Nf4-g2{6}
31. Rd2-g2{28} Rg5-g2{4}
32. c2-c4{30} Qh2-f4{8}
33. Ke3-d3{46} Qf4-f3{6}
34. Qe1-e3{52} Qf3-g4{4}
35. Rb1-e1{20} Rg2-g3{4}
36. Kd3-c2{28} Rg3-e3{12}
37. Re1-e3{28} h6-h5{2}
38. Kc2-c3{28} h5-h4{4}
39. a2-a4{20} h4-h3{2}
40. Re3-e1{36} h3-h2{4}
41. b2-b4{36} Qg4-f3{4}
42. Kc3-d2{26} Qf3-f2{4}
43. Kd2-d1{34} Qf2-e1{4}
44. Kd1-e1{34} Qh2-h1{Q}{6}
45. Ke1-d2{36} Qh1-e4{6}
46. Kd2-c3{26} Qe4-d4{10}
47. Kc3-b3{28} Qd4-d3{16}
48. Kb3-a2{58} e5-e4{4}
49. b4-b5{26} a6-b5{4}
50. c4-b5{30} e4-e3{2}
51. a4-a5{22} e3-e2{2}
52. b5-b6{22}
chrisf: (Black)
easy: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...363&game=Chess

Was the sacrifice of Knight of any use to Easy Level? How do you think
Chrisf level of play?

Chrisf is playing in just 10 sec/ move while easy level was taking 30
sec / move. So you can see how fast Chrisf was thinking.

Do you think Chrisf can still beat the Master Level? Or can Master
Level win against Chrisf. I am pretty sure Master Level will win
against Helpbot, Taylor Kingston and other good players.

But I still feel that Chrisf can win the Master Level as he plays
remarkably well.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 17th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
[...]

The sacrifice of a Knight was of no help; White
left its King exposed and made a lot of weakening
moves.

Look at the opening; after White plays d3, he is
threatening to win the e-pawn for free by Nxe5-- a
simple fact which both players somehow missed.
This is about as simple as tactics can get.

Chrisf is playing in just 10 sec/ move while easy level was taking 30
sec / move. So you can see how fast Chrisf was thinking.

My advice would be to slow down a bit, and
look at what's actually going on. You can play
"blitz" against the Beginner level.

Do you think Chrisf can still beat the Master Level? Or can Master
Level win against Chrisf. I am pretty sure Master Level will win
against Helpbot, Taylor Kingston and other good players.

This game shows what can happen if the
human opponent is allowed to gang up on a
completely undefended King. But on Master
level, things are not going to be quite so easy.

A long time ago,I noticed that when I played
the Caro-Kann as Black, the Master level was
defending much better than the weaker levels.

But I still feel that Chrisf can win the Master Level as he plays
remarkably well.

Funny thing is, after he allowed his Q and R
to get forked, he really had no choice but to
follow up-- or else he'd be a Rook down. The
GetClub program does not defend well, so if
you can get an attack on the King, as in this
game, you're set unless you run out of ammo.

-- help bot

Old April 17th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

* The sacrifice of a Knight was of no help; White
left its King exposed and made a lot of weakening
moves.

Thats what I think too.That knight was gone for no reasion.

* Look at the opening; after White plays d3, he is
threatening to win the e-pawn for free by Nxe5-- a
simple fact which both players somehow missed.
This is about as simple as tactics can get.

Yes instead of 7.Nc3 White should have played 7.BxN PxB 8. Nxe5 and
gained the e5 Pawn.

GetClub Missed it because I have thought it to Develop its pieces
First then go for the Kill.

Chrisf is playing in just 10 sec/ move while easy level was taking 30
sec / move. So you can see how fast Chrisf was thinking.

* My advice would be to slow down a bit, and
look at what's actually going on. *You can play
"blitz" against the Beginner level.

When Chrisf can win playing in just 4-5 sec/move against Beginner why
will he take longer.

For myself even if I take 20 min / move I will never be able to win
the Beginner Level.

You need atleast 20-30 sec/ move to win against Beginner. I will never
sugest you to play Blitz against Beginner as Beginner may spoil your
Ratings.

Now Higher Levels like Normal/ Easy/ have got Higher points. You get
+40 Rating points on winning Master Level. and arround +20 for winning
the Normal Level. While only +5 points for winning the Beginner Level.

So if you are a good player you may play with Higher Levels and take
your Scores to +2000 by playing just a few games.

Do you think Chrisf can still beat the Master Level? Or can Master
Level win against Chrisf. I am pretty sure Master Level will win
against Helpbot, Taylor Kingston and other good players.

* This game shows what can happen if the
human opponent is allowed to gang up on a
completely undefended King. *But on Master
level, things are not going to be quite so easy.

Yes Master Level plays as good as Rybka. I played a few games with
Easy & Normal Level and I think Master plays as good as Rybka. I have
not yet tried as my Rating is low and not allowed to duel with Master
Level.

One can only play with master level if his rating is higher than 1050.

* A long time ago,I noticed that when I played
the Caro-Kann as Black, the Master level was
defending much better than the weaker levels.

Why not Master Level thinks for 5-10 min / move While Beginner gets a
penny just 5-10 sec / move.

* Funny thing is, after he allowed his Q and R
to get forked, he really had no choice but to
follow up-- or else he'd be a Rook down. *
The GetClub prog does not defend well, so if
you can get an attack on the King, as in this
game, you're set unless you run out of ammo.

Do you think Chrisf just overlooked the Fork or he really gave the
sacrifice. Incase Easy Level do not give knight Sacrifice was there
any chance for Easy to win the game?

Bye
Sanny

Old April 17th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
SBD SBD is offline

On Apr 17, 10:55 am, Sanny wrote:

Yes Master Level plays as good as Rybka. I played a few games with
Easy & Normal Level and I think Master plays as good as Rybka. I have

Pure fantasy.
Old April 17th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Apr 17, 11:55 am, Sanny wrote:

Look at the opening; after White plays d3, he is
threatening to win the e-pawn for free by Nxe5-- a
simple fact which both players somehow missed.
This is about as simple as tactics can get.

Yes instead of 7.Nc3 White should have played 7.BxN PxB 8. Nxe5 and
gained the e5 Pawn.

GetClub Missed it because I have thought it to Develop its pieces
First then go for the Kill.

Piece development is good. Tactics, however,
always take first priority.

Chrisf is playing in just 10 sec/ move while easy level was taking 30
sec / move. So you can see how fast Chrisf was thinking.

My advice would be to slow down a bit, and
look at what's actually going on. You can play
"blitz" against the Beginner level.

When Chrisf can win playing in just 4-5 sec/move against Beginner why
will he take longer.

Well, so he could play a decent game. No
matter how "brilliant" the final attack might
appear, if you overlook an elementary win of
a pawn, you have to pull a cheap trick in order
to "publish" it. For instance, long time readers
of Chess Lies will note that virtually every
brilliant move by Larry Evans is shown as a
diagram, with the game score omitted (and
for good reason). One such game had GM
Sammy Reshevsky /walking all over/ Larry
Evans before throwing away an easy win;
that one reminded me of a simul game--
except that in a simul, your opponent does
not come up with a brilliant escape at the
end! You will likely never see that game
presented as an annotated "master" game,
because LE played like a duffer, but for his
final, saving move.

For myself even if I take 20 min / move I will never be able to win
the Beginner Level.

Ah, then perhaps you have made the
easiest level too tough? Nobody wants to
lose every game, to get beaten like carrots,
chopped like an onion, diced like a beet.

You need atleast 20-30 sec/ move to win against Beginner. I will never
sugest you to play Blitz against Beginner as Beginner may spoil your
Ratings.

My rating seems to be doing okay, as it
is higher than anyone else's. I think you
need to worry more over the poor folks out
there-- the ones with much lower ratings. :D

Now Higher Levels like Normal/ Easy/ have got Higher points. You get
+40 Rating points on winning Master Level. and arround +20 for winning
the Normal Level. While only +5 points for winning the Beginner Level.

So if you are a good player you may play with Higher Levels and take
your Scores to +2000 by playing just a few games.

Okay, I'll give it a try. The last few days I
got side-tracked by the April 15th deadline
for filing taxes. Now, I'm sick; I actually
slept the better part of the last two days,
alternating with blowing my runny nose a
thousand times so I could breathe.

Yes Master Level plays as good as Rybka. I played a few games with
Easy & Normal Level and I think Master plays as good as Rybka. I have
not yet tried as my Rating is low and not allowed to duel with Master
Level.

You will know when your program is as
good as Rybka, by the fact that it will win
every game. Also, everyone on this news
group will suddenly stop posting, due to
myocardial infarctions and imploding
brains. Try to be patient, and not claim
your world supremacy prematurely.

Do you think Chrisf just overlooked the Fork or he really gave the
sacrifice.

I think he was not looking at everything.
Some players just focus on what they want
to do next, while ignoring other things that
are going on. Me, I would have serious
trouble overlooking the gaffe in the opening;
that's because I try to look at what's
happening on the board.

In case Easy Level do not give knight Sacrifice was there
any chance for Easy to win the game?

White left its King exposed to a Knight sac'
on h3. If you want your program to win more,
just improve its tactics so the games will last
longer. The longer a game lasts, the more
opportunities there will be for the human to
go wrong. Let's say you got to where the
average game lasted 100 moves; I think by
that point, your program would be winning a
lot more games, due to stupid human errors.

-- help bot

Old April 17th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
SBD SBD is offline

On Apr 17, 12:45 pm, help bot wrote:

White left its King exposed to a Knight sac'
on h3. If you want your program to win more,
just improve its tactics so the games will last
longer. The longer a game lasts, the more
opportunities there will be for the human to
go wrong. Let's say you got to where the
average game lasted 100 moves; I think by
that point, your program would be winning a
lot more games, due to stupid human errors.

Or due to the fact that few people, at 10 minutes per move by the
machine, would be willing to play a game that lasted 17 (immediate
response by the human) to 24 hours.
Old April 18th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Zebediah Returned to take back his crown !!!

Chrisf is 2nd best player at GetClub Chess.

Yesterday the Best Player at GetClub who was out for 6 Month Holiday
has returned.

He Played with Master Level and to my Surprise won the game against
Master Level in just 34 Moves.

Zebediah is the best Player at GetClub in terms of Tactics.

Second Best is Chrisf Who again can win the Master Level.

Third Best is Bob, He plays only Occasionally. He too may beat the
Master Level.

Fourth Best at GetClub are Help Bot & Taylor Kingston.

However Taylor Kingston & Help Bot I think will not be able to win the
Master Level. As they take a long time in finishing their games
against smaller Levels. But who knows they may too win the Master
Level Someday.

Zebediah as ususal won the Master Level. But this time he got +40
points for winning the Master Level. Earlier he used to get +2 points
for winning the Master Level. Now he can easily Boost his Rating.

There is no Doubt that Zebediah will snatch the crown from Help Bot
being a Triumph Player. Still it is to be seen if Chrisf will be able
to beat the Zebediahs Score or not.

Last 2 Months no one was able to play with the Master Level and I was
thinking Master Level can never be won now, But Zebediah still has the
power to kill it.

Heres the game with Master Level played by Zebediah.

Game Played between zebediah and master at GetClub.com

zebediah: (White)
master: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...381&game=Chess

White -- Black
(zebediah) -- (master)

1. e2-e4{6} e7-e6{0}
2. d2-d4{2} d7-d5{0}
3. Nb1-c3{4} Bf8-b4{0}
4. e4-e5{202} c7-c5{0}
5. a2-a3{124} Bb4-c3{568}
6. b2-c3{4} c5-c4{398}
7. Qd1-g4{54} g7-g6{640}
8. h2-h4{102} Nb8-c6{352}
9. h4-h5{216} Qd8-a5{602}
10. Bc1-d2{102} Nc6-e7{772}
11. h5-g6{40} Ne7-g6{430}
12. Ng1-h3{72} Qa5-b5{682}
13. Qg4-d1{300} Bc8-d7{584}
14. a3-a4{22} Qb5-a6{826}
15. a4-a5{172} h7-h6{324}
16. Qd1-c1{322} Ng6-e7{340}
17. Bf1-e2{460} Rh8-h7{394}
18. Qc1-a3{6740} Ra8-c8{0}
19. Nh3-f4{148} Rh7-g7{594}
20. Nf4-h5{288} Rg7-g6{666}
21. Nh5-f6{172} Ng8-f6{702}
22. e5-f6{10} Rg6-f6{332}
23. Bd2-g5{124} e6-e5{686}
24. Rh1-h6{44} Ne7-g6{614}
25. d4-e5{94} Rf6-e6{490}
26. f2-f4{20} Qa6-c6{344}
27. f4-f5{28} Re6-e5{530}
28. f5-g6{10} f7-g6{324}
29. Ke1-d2{12} Re5-g5{380}
30. Rh6-h8{248} Ke8-f7{430}
31. Rh8-h7{42} Kf7-g8{428}
32. Qa3-e7{104} Qc6-f6{496}
33. Qe7-f6{16} Kg8-h7{602}
34. Ra1-h1{42} Bd7-h3{3210}
zebediah: (White)
master: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...381&game=Chess

With this game can anyone find any mistake made by Master that it lost
the game??? It is very difficult to find mistake in Masters Game.
Still some Champion may find out.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 18th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

You need atleast 20-30 sec/ move to win against Beginner. I will never
sugest you to play Blitz against Beginner as Beginner may spoil your
Ratings.

* My rating seems to be doing okay, as it
is higher than anyone else's. *I think you
need to worry more over the poor folks out
there-- the ones with much lower ratings. *:D

One Old Folk "Zebediah" has returned. He once snatched your Crown and
Made Master Level Rating down to 400. Yesterday he played with Master
Level and won in just 34 Moves. A thing that even Rybka cant do.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 19th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Google Groups GitClubChess is operational. It has, amazingly, had a
number of web views even though it was not advertised and there is
nothing there yet.