Old November 21st 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default 100 million FICS games

Dear all,

Here is a .torrent file for all recorded FICS games from November 1999
onwards.
The games haven been converted into PGN format and verified.

If there are no seeds please send me an e-mail. I attempt to keep at
least
one seed with sufficient bandwidth alive at all times, but it is not
automated.

Torrent file: http://marcelk.net/logics/FICS-games...200910.torrent

Contents looks like this:

FICS-games/
fics-1999-11.pgn.bz2
fics-1999-12.pgn.bz2
fics-2000-01.pgn.bz2
... etc ...
fics-2009-08.pgn.bz2
fics-2009-09.pgn.bz2
fics-2009-10.pgn.bz2

The total number of games is over 100 million.
The total download size is around 15GB, zipped.

http://ficsgames.com/ has a searchable version of this data online.

Marcel van Kervinck

Old November 22nd 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 21 Nov, 23:50, Marcel Van Kervinck wrote:
[...]

* * * *

ALL recorded FICS games? I suppose that must include those lo-fi,
substandard 1-minute bullet games.
I find the idea of possessing a 100,000,000 game database
fascinating... But I would think that the download would take over a
week; wouldn't a cbh file be a of the size?
Old November 22nd 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Out of all the games are there two games just like each other or is
every game different ?

Old May 24th 16, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 8:56:43 AM UTC, SAT W-7 wrote:
Out of all the games are there two games just like each other or is
every game different ?

Every game is different. Every game is great.
If a game is wasted God gets quite irate.
Old June 3rd 16, 03:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 1:50:00 AM UTC+2, Marcel Van Kervinck wrote:
[...]

Bs"d

I switched to Lichess, never looked back.

Old June 4th 16, 03:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

So have I. Lichess is really good.
Old June 4th 16, 09:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 5:16:40 AM UTC+3, Offramp wrote:
So have I. Lichess is really good.

Bs"d

Right. Many more options, all games stored forever, not just 10 like in fics, it is great.
Old February 20th 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Great value.
Old February 20th 17, 06:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

I have made an update.

There is a torrent file for all recorded FICS games from November 1999 onwards.
The games haven been converted into PGN format and each one has been played through and the score integrity has been checked.

Contents looks like this:

FICS-games/
fics-1999-11.pgn.bz2
fics-1999-12.pgn.bz2
fics-2000-01.pgn.bz2
.... etc ...
fics-2009-08.pgn.bz2
fics-2009-09.pgn.bz2
fics-2009-10.pgn.bz2
fics-2016-12.pgn.bz2
fics-2017-01.pgn.bz2
fics-2017-02.pgn.bz2

The total number of games is just over 1.74 billion.

The total download size is about 165 Gb, zipped. Unzipped... I am not sure.

http://ficsgames.com/ has a searchable version of this data online.
Old February 21st 17, 01:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:36:54 PM UTC-5, Offramp wrote:
I have made an update.