Old October 23rd 14, 07:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Java chess board?

I'm looking for chess board software, quite simple: start
with a blank board, insert pieces, do analysis. Not for
playing against an opponent. Like in olden days, there used
to be things like tables, wood chess boards, chess pieces,
and so on. Anybody remember that? Then you could analyze,
by doing a weird thing called 'move the pieces around'.

Is there such a thing, in Java, runs on a browser?

--
Rich

Old October 27th 14, 10:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:20:32 PM UTC+8, wrote:
I'm looking for chess board software, quite simple: start
with a blank board, insert pieces, do analysis. Not for
playing against an opponent. Like in olden days, there used
to be things like tables, wood chess boards, chess pieces,
and so on. Anybody remember that? Then you could analyze,
by doing a weird thing called 'move the pieces around'.

Is there such a thing, in Java, runs on a browser?

--
Rich

It's out there, you just have to dig around. Somewhere I've bookmarked it.

RL
Old May 26th 15, 01:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 9:20:32 AM UTC+3, wrote:
I'm looking for chess board software, quite simple: start
with a blank board, insert pieces, do analysis. Not for
playing against an opponent. Like in olden days, there used
to be things like tables, wood chess boards, chess pieces,
and so on. Anybody remember that? Then you could analyze,
by doing a weird thing called 'move the pieces around'.

Is there such a thing, in Java, runs on a browser?

Bs'd

Babas has that option, don't know if it is in Java, but works with Windows and Linux.