Old December 31st 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Hasting 2014/15

A round 3 ding-dong

1 :
Eames, Robert S

0
Pickersgill, Adrian O

1 e4 d6
2 d4 Nf6
3 Nc3 c6
4 f4 Qa5
5 Bd2 e5
6 fxe5 dxe5
7 Nd5 Qd8
8 Nxf6+ Qxf6
9 Nf3 exd4
10 Bc4 Bc5
11 O-O Bg4
12 h3 Bh5
13 g4 Bg6
14 Ng5 Qe5
15 Qf3 f6
16 Bf4 Qe7
17 Ne6 Bb6
18 Qg3 Na6
19 Bd6 Qd7
20 e5 Nc7
21 exf6 Nxe6
22 Bxe6 Qxe6
23 Rae1 Be4
24 Rxe4 Qxe4
25 Re1
1 - 0
Old December 31st 14, 05:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

A tidy attack wraps this one up in 28 moves - interesting since the opening is "non-tactical" from White's POV

0 :
Larsen, Andreas

1
Kirk, Ezra

1 d4 Nf6
2 Nf3 g6
3 e3 Bg7
4 Bd3 O-O
5 e4 d6
6 h3 e5
7 dxe5 dxe5
8 O-O Nbd7
9 Be3 c6
10 Nbd2 Qc7
11 Nh4 Re8
12 Qe2 Nh5
13 g3 Nf4
14 gxf4 exf4
15 Rab1 fxe3
16 Qxe3 b5
17 Ng2 Qb6
18 Qg3 Bb7
19 Kh1 c5
20 c4 Ne5
21 f4 Nxd3
22 Qxd3 Rad8
23 Qc2 bxc4
24 e5 Qe6
25 Nxc4 Qxh3+
26 Kg1 Rd4
27 Nce3 Be4
28 Qxc5 Rd2
0 - 1
Old December 31st 14, 05:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

another tidy attack by black, with all the middle game being about the Q side, before black cashes in the pressure and wins on the K side.

0 :
Low, Zhen Yu Cyrus

1
Fier, Alexandr
00:00.0

1 e4 c5
2 Nf3 e6
3 d4 cxd4
4 Nxd4 Nf6
5 Nc3 d6
6 Be3 a6
7 Be2 Be7
8 g4 Nfd7
9 Qd2 b5
10 a3 Bb7
11 O-O-O Nc6
12 Kb1 Rc8
13 g5 Nce5
14 f4 Nc4
15 Bxc4 Rxc4
16 Rhe1 Nc5
17 Bf2 O-O
18 Bg3 Qa8
19 Qe3 Rc8
20 e5 dxe5
21 fxe5 b4
22 axb4 Rxb4
23 Bf4 Qb8
24 Qg3 a5
25 Bc1 a4
26 Ncb5 Be4
27 Na3 Bg6
28 Qf3 Rxd4
29 Rxd4 Nb3
30 Rd7 Bxa3
31 Rb7 Qa8
32 Rxb3 Bxc2+
33 Ka1 axb3
34 Qxa8 Bxb2+
35 Kxb2 Rxa8
36 Kc3 Rc8+
37 Kd4 Bf5
38 Bb2 h6
39 Rc1 Rd8+
40 Kc4 hxg5
41 Kxb3 Rd2
42 Rh1 g4
43 Bc1 Rf2
44 Kc3 Be4
45 Rg1 Rxh2
46 Rxg4 Rc2+
47 Kd4 Rxc1
48 Rxe4 Rf1
49 Re2 Rf5
50 Ra2 g5
51 Ke4 Kg7
52 Ra8 g4
53 Ra1 Kg6
54 Ra8 Kg5
0 - 1
Old January 1st 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

24 moves

1 :
Hebden, Mark L
00:00.0

0
Eames, Robert S

1 d4 f5
2 e4 fxe4
3 Nc3 Nf6
4 Bg5 Nc6
5 d5 Ne5
6 Qe2 c6
7 O-O-O d6
8 Bxf6 exf6
9 Qxe4 Be7
10 f4 f5
11 Qa4 Ng6
12 dxc6 bxc6
13 Qxc6+ Bd7
14 Qf3 Nxf4
15 Nd5 Nxd5
16 Qxd5 Rb8
17 Bc4 Qb6
18 Qf7+ Kd8
19 Qxg7 Re8
20 Nf3 Qc5
21 Bb3 a5
22 Rhe1 a4
23 Bf7 Rc8
24 Nd4
1 - 0
Old January 1st 15, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

0 :
Talsma, Paul

1
Arkell, Keith C

1 d4 g6
2 e4 Bg7
3 Ne2 c5
4 d5 b5
5 Ng3 a6
6 Be2 d6
7 h4 h5
8 a4 b4
9 Nd2 Nd7
10 Nc4 Ne5
11 Ne3 Nh6
12 Nef1 O-O
13 Bg5 Qc7
14 Qc1 Kh7
15 Bxh5 gxh5
16 Nxh5 Ng8
17 Nxg7 Kxg7
18 Qe3 f6
19 Bf4 Rf7
20 h5 Kh8
21 Bxe5 fxe5
22 f3 e6
23 g4 exd5
24 g5 dxe4
25 fxe4 Rf4
26 h6 Ne7
27 Ng3 Bg4
28 h7 Nc6
29 Nh5 Bxh5
30 Rxh5 Qf7
0 - 1

Old January 1st 15, 05:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

slightly crazy opening leads to opportunities for white who has the initiative the whole game

1 :
Galyas, Miklos HUN

0
Rodshtein, Maxim ISR

1 Nf3 d5
2 c4 d4
3 b4 f6
4 e3 e5
5 c5 Qe7
6 Bb5+ c6
7 Bc4 Be6
8 Qb3 Bxc4
9 Qxc4 dxe3
10 fxe3 a5
11 O-O axb4
12 d4 Na6
13 a3 bxa3
14 Rxa3 g6
15 Nc3 e4
16 Nd2 f5
17 Ndxe4 fxe4
18 Nxe4 Qd7
19 Nd6+ Bxd6
20 cxd6 Nh6
21 e4 Qxd6
22 Bxh6 Qxa3
23 Qf7+ Kd8
24 Qxb7 Nc7
25 Bg5+ Kd7
26 Rf7+ Ke6
27 Qxc7 Qa1+
28 Rf1 Qxd4+
29 Kh1
1 - 0
Old January 1st 15, 05:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Black suffers from underdevelopment

1 :
Zhao, Jun CHN

0
Lagarde, Maxime FRA

1 e4 c5
2 Nf3 e6
3 c3 Nf6
4 e5 Nd5
5 d4 cxd4
6 cxd4 d6
7 a3 Bd7
8 Bd3 Bc6
9 O-O Nd7
10 Re1 Qc7
11 Bf1 Rd8
12 Nbd2 dxe5
13 dxe5 Nc5
14 Nd4 Nf4
15 Nxc6 bxc6
16 Qc2 Nfd3
17 Re3 Nxe5
18 b4 Ncd7
19 Bb2 Ng4
20 Rg3 Ndf6
21 Nc4 Rd5
22 h3 h5
23 hxg4 hxg4
24 Be5 Qd8
25 Re3 Nd7
26 g3 Qg5
27 Bg2 Nxe5
28 Bxd5 Nxc4
29 Bxc6+
1 - 0
Old January 1st 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

0 :
Hackner, Oskar A

1
Kjartansson, Gudmundur

1 d4 d6
2 e4 Nf6
3 f3 d5
4 e5 Nfd7
5 c4 dxc4
6 Bxc4 e6
7 f4 c5
8 Nf3 Nb6
9 Be2 Bd7
10 Nc3 Bc6
11 Be3 cxd4
12 Qxd4 Qxd4
13 Bxd4 Nd5
14 Nxd5 Bxd5
15 O-O Nc6
16 Bf2 Be7
17 a3 O-O-O
18 Rac1 Kb8
19 Bc5 Bxc5+
20 Rxc5 Rd7
21 Rd1 Rhd8
22 Nd4 Bxg2
23 Nxc6+ Bxc6
24 Rxd7 Rxd7
25 b4 Rd4
26 Rc4 Rd2
27 Bf1 Bd5
28 Rc3 Rd4
29 Rg3 g6
30 Rg4 h5
31 Rh4 Bc4
32 Bg2 Be2
33 Kf2 Bg4
34 Ke3 Rc4
35 Kd3 Rxf4
36 Ke3 g5
37 h3 Rc4
38 hxg4 gxh4
39 gxh5 h3
40 Bf3 h2
41 Kf2 Rf4
0 - 1
Old January 1st 15, 06:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Beautiful finish 0-1

Marusenko, Petr

Mista, Aleksander

1 d4 Nf6
2 c4 g6
3 g3 Bg7
4 Bg2 O-O
5 Nc3 d6
6 Nf3 Nc6
7 O-O Bf5
8 Ne1 Qc8
9 e4 Bh3
10 Nc2 Re8
11 f3 Bxg2
12 Kxg2 a6
13 Be3 b6
14 Rc1 Qb7
15 Qe2 e6
16 Rfd1 Nd7
17 h4 Ne7
18 h5 d5
19 hxg6 hxg6
20 Rh1 c5
21 cxd5 exd5
22 Qd2 dxe4
23 Nxe4 Nf5
24 d5 Nf6
25 Nc3 Rad8
26 Rcd1 Rd7
27 Bg5 Nxd5
28 Nxd5 Nd4
29 Rde1 Rxe1
30 Qxe1 Qxd5
31 Qe8+ Bf8
32 Nxd4 Qxd4
33 Re1 Rd5
34 f4 Qxb2+
35 Kh3 Rd2
36 Be7 Rh2+
37 Kg4 f5+
38 Kg5 Rh5+
39 Kxg6 Qg7+
40 Kxh5 Qh6#
0-1
Old January 2nd 15, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Bates beats Cafferty in exemplary fashion after 1. f4. I admit in my own play I have been playing e5 and d6 against the opening recently to some success, but here is the more sober Q side attack which the opening warrants.

0 :
Cafferty, Bernard

1
Bates, Richard A