Old March 30th 15, 01:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Here's Mikey!!!

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:54:46 AM UTC+8, 52% wrote:
The old timer gets done like a donut, tsk:

Why are you so obsessed by a middle-age Englishman, you pervert? This has been going on for quite some time.

At one time you even had your name as some variant of Mr. Adam's name if memory servers...

RL
Old March 30th 15, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:15:03 AM UTC+8, raylopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:54:46 AM UTC+8, 52% wrote:
The old timer gets done like a donut, tsk:

Why are you so obsessed by a middle-age Englishman, you pervert? This has been going on for quite some time.

At one time you even had your name as some variant of Mr. Adam's name if memory servers...

RL

Oh wait, I thought this was about GM M. Adams, not M. Murray...sorry my bad, my memory servers are going bad.

RL
Old March 30th 15, 10:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

raylopez99 wrote:

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:15:03 AM UTC+8, raylopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:54:46 AM UTC+8, 52% wrote:
The old timer gets done like a donut, tsk:

Why are you so obsessed by a middle-age Englishman, you pervert? This has been going on for quite some time.

At one time you even had your name as some variant of Mr. Adam's name if memory servers...

..
Oh wait, I thought this was about GM M. Adams, not M. Murray...sorry my bad, my memory servers are going bad.

..

See what a fool you are when you rush wildly from the stable, TrOlive?
.... anyway, I'd say that so & so from teh Phillipinnes is the chokolat
now, innit!..
..
Old June 7th 15, 11:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 2:37:32 PM UTC-7, 52% wrote:
raylopez99 wrote:

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:15:03 AM UTC+8, raylopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:54:46 AM UTC+8, 52% wrote:
The old timer gets done like a donut, tsk:

Anymore, an opponent past 50 is like a gift from God. They may beat you, but at least you have a decent idea of their strength before the game starts.
Old August 3rd 15, 12:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

raylopez99 wrote:

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:15:03 AM UTC+8, raylopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:54:46 AM UTC+8, 52% wrote:
The old timer gets done like a donut, tsk:

Anymore, an opponent past 50 is like a gift from God. They may beat you, but at least you have a decent idea of their strength before the game starts.

Kudos for taking part, Mike..
..

Old August 3rd 15, 07:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:51:13 +1000, "52%" wrote:

Anymore, an opponent past 50 is like a gift from God. They may beat you, but at least you have a decent idea of their strength before the game starts.

It's why I hate being paired with juniors - there's a good chance
they've been playing large number of games outside the rating system
and thus be actually several hundred points above their nominal
rating.

Thus causing you to lose heavily when you lose to them. How many of us
have seen 1300 rated juniors turning in 2000+ performances?

This was always a factor even 40 years ago but in the present day with
ICC / FICS and other forums there are lots of venues for playing
outside the official rating system(s) and the 'classical' USCF rating
system is merely one of several 'brands'
Old August 5th 15, 07:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

The Horny Goat wrote:

On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:51:13 +1000, "52%" wrote:

"Kudos for taking part, Mike..."

& /Mike Murray/ wroted the sentence below:

Anymore, an opponent past 50 is like a gift from God. They may beat you, but at least you have a decent idea of their strength before the game starts.

Which effectively is what you're replying to... but that's hokay because
Mike's meaning was for me less than clear if not exactly ambiguous &
you, oh strange eyed one, have sorted that aspect of the equation quite
nicely thank ewe very much..
..

Old August 6th 15, 02:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 2:47:58 AM UTC+8, The Horny Goat wrote:

It's why I hate being paired with juniors - there's a good chance
they've been playing large number of games outside the rating system
and thus be actually several hundred points above their nominal
rating.

Thus causing you to lose heavily when you lose to them. How many of us
have seen 1300 rated juniors turning in 2000+ performances?

This was always a factor even 40 years ago but in the present day with
ICC / FICS and other forums there are lots of venues for playing
outside the official rating system(s) and the 'classical' USCF rating
system is merely one of several 'brands'

A friend who plays competitive chess at the master level says, plausibly, the presence of such strong 'unknown' juniors is the main reason the "2700chess" super IGMs don't play in strong regional tournaments, as there's a good chance they will be beaten by such unknown juniors and lose lots of Elo points.

RL
Old August 6th 15, 02:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 2:01:01 PM UTC+8, 52% wrote:

[hokay post deleted]

I see you are as incoherent as always. One good thing about you is that no matter how old you get, you'll never be accused of losing your mind...since you've already lost it.

RL
Old August 6th 15, 09:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 18:26:51 -0700 (PDT), raylopez99
wrote:

This was always a factor even 40 years ago but in the present day with
ICC / FICS and other forums there are lots of venues for playing
outside the official rating system(s) and the 'classical' USCF rating
system is merely one of several 'brands'

A friend who plays competitive chess at the master level says, plausibly, the presence of such strong 'unknown' juniors is the main reason the "2700chess" super IGMs don't play in strong regional tournaments, as there's a good chance they will be beaten by such unknown juniors and lose lots of Elo points.

That surprises me - I was thinking primarily of A players and experts.
I well remember one tournament where I had the event of my life
beating two masters (both with black), drawing an expert and losing to
an "A" player - it was one of those double edged Sicilians where
you're dueling on a cliff edge and you knew a draw was unlikely. Bear
in mind that I was high 1700s at the time.

Then in the very next tournament I was paired in successive rounds
with two "1400" brothers.....

Mind you I also remember the 1971 Canadian Open where in round 1 Boris
Spassky faced a 1980 player said to be the weakest player he had
played in more than a decade....that was the tournament where my
friends and I were chewed out by Max Euwe for making too much noise in
the skittles room. (This event was run at the same time as the FIDE
Congress and Euwe was president of FIDE - back in the days when FIDE
actually had a fair amount of prestige!)