Old April 3rd 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Gata Kamsky

Though Robson and Nakamura are in the lead, Kamsky is one point behind.
Watching Kamskys games to this point, he has saved 1\2 points in two
dangerous games against Naka and Sevian which he "looked" lost but
salvaged the 1\2. I'm guilty like a lot of people that we take for
granted what a special player he is. The rare gift to play with the
draw in hand. My opinion but I'll get criticized but if anyone else had
these positions against Sevian and Nakamura in this tournament they
would have lost.

EZoto

Old April 4th 15, 04:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Saturday, 4 April 2015 14:04:08 UTC+1, Euclides Zoto wrote:
Though Robson and Nakamura are in the lead, Kamsky is one point behind.
Watching Kamskys games to this point, he has saved 1\2 points in two
dangerous games against Naka and Sevian which he "looked" lost but
salvaged the 1\2. I'm guilty like a lot of people that we take for
granted what a special player he is. The rare gift to play with the
draw in hand. My opinion but I'll get criticized but if anyone else had
these positions against Sevian and Nakamura in this tournament they
would have lost.

EZoto

Anand said that Kamsky is a very very hard player to beat, always looking for the best defence or the slightest counterchance.
Old April 5th 15, 06:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

EJAY wrote:

I think Kamsky's accomplishments have beenvunderated. I remember when he was young he was rated third in the world behind Kasparov and Karpov at the height of their careers. If I'm not mistaken he defeated both Kramer and Anand in match play. They of course became World Champions. A nice win he had against Ray Robson today. He is still strong enough to beat tomorrow's stars.Still only one point behind Nakamura at this point.

Yes he did beat Kramnik and Anand in Matches and lost to Karpov. No one in this tournament is even close to his accomplishments in chess so yes he is still strong enough to beat tomorrow's stars and can still win this tournament.

EZoto

Old April 6th 15, 02:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc