Old April 5th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Lasker and Lasker

Justin Thyme wrote:

M Winther wrote:
"Justin Thyme" skrev i meddelandet
I don't think Emanuel Lasker and Edward (or Eduard) Lasker were
related, but perhaps someone could confirm (or deny) that?

They had a common forbear in 18th century Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Lasker

MW

Thank you.

They also had in common: They were geniuses. Em Lasker in chess (and
mathematics?) Ed Lasker in the medical field.

EZoto

--
I do not believe in revealed religion — I will have nothing to do
with your immortality; we are miserable enough in this life, without

Old April 7th 15, 12:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

And as producer of the famous horror film The Thing.

Old April 11th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 7:15:37 AM UTC-7, Justin Thyme wrote:
M Winther wrote:
"Justin Thyme" skrev i meddelandet
I don't think Emanuel Lasker and Edward (or Eduard) Lasker
were related, but perhaps someone could confirm (or deny)
that?

They had a common forbear in 18th century Poland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Lasker

MW

Thank you.

_
_
I think it would be more accurate to say
that Edward Lasker CLAIMED that he had
been related to Emanuel Lasker.
Old April 12th 15, 11:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0489622/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr3