Old April 15th 15, 09:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Saving PGN files on the web

Bs'd

How can I save PGN files on the web?
Old April 16th 15, 03:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Old April 16th 15, 04:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 5:45:55 AM UTC+3, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:

In article
Eliyahu

Bs'd

How can I save PGN files on the web?

PGN files are just text files. If you want to save one to a Web
site you just save it, usually by FTP. But then the question
becomes: having put it up on the Web what do you do with it?

If you're just sharing the file with someone, or want to share it
with a whole set of people, you would write a Web page and put a
link on that page to the PGN file. That's pretty simple and easy.

In rather elaborate usages you'd use the file to get a graphical
chess set and board to play the game out for visitors. That
requires a lot more coding, and more than just plain HTML.

Bs'd

I know they are just text files, but I don't wanna save 'm like text files, because it becomes to messy and big, and you have no oversight.

Preferably I want to save them on the web the way I save 'm in my computer, in which the pgn file is a folder, which I can put in other folders, which I can put in other folders, so I don't lose oversight.

Also, when I write a pgn file in Open Office, I'm not able to get it working in Babas, he just doesn't recognize it.

The reason I want to store 'm on the web is for backup, if something happens to my comp, I don't want to lose my games.

Old April 16th 15, 07:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Google Drive is a free service that can be used for backup. You just
drag & drop the files.
https://www.google.com/drive/

M. Winther
http://mlwi.magix.net/bg/chessvar.htm

Old April 17th 15, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

(austria) wrote:

[...]

Google drive works perfect. Thanks.

Old April 20th 15, 09:22 AM
Junior Member

Location: USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Remailer (austria) View Post
It helped for me. Thanks

http://www.loveandbuyit.com

Last edited by Selard : May 30th 15 at 06:12 AM
Old April 20th 15, 04:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 21:43:36 UTC+1, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

How can I save PGN files on the web?

Did you know that you can also download pgn files in huge quantites?

Ask this scholar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliyahu_Rips