Old April 22nd 15, 01:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Internet chess.

I'm hearing there is a new cheating program now where the bots can't
detect. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Not sure how it works
but considering the way people use computers now soon you'll be able to
cheat in live tournaments and not get caught. I hope that never happens
but it amazes me to what extent people will do this. Soon GO computers
will be stronger that 9 dan players and they will have cheaters in there
Internet and tournaments. Sad.

EZoto

Old April 22nd 15, 12:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Rainer wrote:

On 22/04/2015 02:47, Euclides Zoto wrote:

I'm hearing there is a new cheating program now where the bots can't
detect. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Not sure how it works
but considering the way people use computers now soon you'll be able to
cheat in live tournaments and not get caught. I hope that never happens
but it amazes me to what extent people will do this. Soon GO computers
will be stronger that 9 dan players and they will have cheaters in there
Internet and tournaments. Sad.

EZoto

Undetectable bots have been around for quite some time, and bots are
particularly hard to detect on browser-based interfaces which are
widespread now.

Most of cheat detection is based on statistical analysis of the games.
Good sites sort out cheaters quickly and reliably but the problem is
that you need a certain amount of games to determine that a player has
cheated. So it's unavoidable that you'll run into cheaters every now and
then.

Cheers,
Rainer

It's sad but I compare it to people who drive to a store and park in the
Handicap space. They take out a sticker and hang it on the mirror and walk
out of the vehicle with no problems at all. Excuses a It's my grandma's
sticker and car, I use to need it but I just didn't have time etc, etc. They
totally justify themselves yet they see no wrong in what they are doing. I
just don't see the point.

EZoto