Old May 7th 15, 08:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Making PGN files

Bs'd

For those to whom it may concern;

When I copy a pgn file from the web, say this group here, and I put it in Open Office, and save it as a .pgn file, Babas will not recognize it, and it won't work.

However, when I paste them into Gedit, (my operating system is Linux Ubuntu) then it works.
Old May 7th 15, 01:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 07/05/2015 09:46, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

For those to whom it may concern;

When I copy a pgn file from the web, say this group here, and I put
it in Open Office, and save it as a .pgn file, Babas will not
recognize it, and it won't work.

However, when I paste them into Gedit, (my operating system is Linux
Ubuntu) then it works.

You have to tell OO that you want to save a plain text file. By default,
it will save it in ODT format.

A word processor is usually a poor choice to work with plain text files.

Cheers,
Rainer
Old May 8th 15, 02:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 3:55:12 PM UTC+3, Rainer wrote:
On 07/05/2015 09:46, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

For those to whom it may concern;

When I copy a pgn file from the web, say this group here, and I put
it in Open Office, and save it as a .pgn file, Babas will not
recognize it, and it won't work.

However, when I paste them into Gedit, (my operating system is Linux
Ubuntu) then it works.

You have to tell OO that you want to save a plain text file. By default,
it will save it in ODT format.

Bs'd

OK, never knew that.

Thanks.