Old May 17th 15, 09:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default A Chess Puzzle. I don't know the answer

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=91887

1st post:
Feb-02-12
Landman: A trivia question. What do the following players have in common?
Viswanathan Anand
Levon Aronian
Magnus Carlsen
Boris Gelfand
Robert Huebner
Vassily Ivanchuk
Viktor Korchnoi
Vladimir Kramnik
Henrique Mecking
Predrag Nikolic
John Nunn
Nigel Short

One hint: This list is complete. What they have in common is shared by no other player.

2nd appearance:
Landman: Here is the Jan 2014 edition of the Trivia Contest. What do these players - and only these players - have in common?
Lev Alburt
Levon Aronian
Alexander Beliavsky
Magnus Carlsen
Boris Gelfand
Robert Huebner
Anatoly Karpov
Abram Khasin
Vladimir Kovacevic
Vladimir Kramnik
Lajos Portisch
Nigel Short
Vladimir Borisovich Tukmakov
Evgeni Vasiukov

3rd appearance:
Landman: Jan 2015 edition. These players and no others.
Viswanathan Anand
Magnus Carlsen
Boris Gelfand
Kiril D Georgiev
Alexander Grischuk
Robert Huebner
Anatoly Karpov
Abram Khasin
Vladimir Kovacevic
Bojan Kurajica
Juraj Nikolac
Lajos Portisch
Nigel Short
Veselin Topalov

A clue:
Landman: The closest guess was HeMateMe's early mention of longevity. The biggest of my subtle clues was the last one mentioning Cesar Boutteville - comment he Louis F Stumpers . I didn't see any serious answers after that. I'd prefer to have someone guess the answer - the solution is not particularly obscure or devious.
The most important old clue is that players must be active, be living, and be rated on the latest FIDE list. Beyond that is the information common to all the chessgames.com biographies.

If you can figure out why one of the obscure names would be on the list, you're most of the way to the solution.