Old June 16th 15, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default One less mistake in the Pelikan

[Event "www.ChessWorld.net server game"]
[Site "www.ChessWorld.net "]
[Date "2015.5.7 "]
[Round "NA"]
[White "jacekwis3"]
[Black "Chess One"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2121"]
[BlackElo "2202"]
[Board "9722825"]

1. e2-e4 c7-c5
2. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6
3. d2-d4 cxd4
4. Nf3xd4 Ng8-f6
5. Nb1-c3 e7-e5
6. Nd4-b5 d7-d6
7. Bc1-g5 a7-a6
8. Nb5-a3 b7-b5
A completely normal Pelican so far, which White choses to vary with a drastic move

9. Na3xb5 axb5
10. Bf1xb5 Bc8-d7
Not the right move, Bb7! is far better, now Black has trouble unwinding his pieces

11. O-O Bf8-e7
12. Bg5xf6 gxf6
Bxf6 would lead to a Chelyabinsk-like position but I wanted the open g file and the option to play f6-f5 since Whites Bishop is not at its normal post of d3

13. Nc3-d5 Ra8-b8
Over the next few moves I want to force the exchange

14. a2-a4 Nc6-d4
15. Bb5xd7 Qd8xd7
16. b2-b4 Rh8-g8
This is, at least, according to plan

17. c2-c3 Qd7-h3
18. g2-g3 Nd4-e6
OTB blitz I might have tried R-g6-h6 since white doesn't have time to take the N on d4

19. a4-a5 Rg8-g6
20. Qd1-f3 Ne6-f4
21. Nd5xf4 exf4
22. Qf3xf4 Rg6-h6
I may have goofed up the timing here, even though I have exchanged that active knight, more forcing is an earlier R move to h6, and then the N can drop into f4

23. g3-g4 Rh6-g6
24. f2-f3 h7-h5
25. Qf4-g3 Qh3xg3
26. hxg3 hxg4
27. f3-f4 Be7-d8
The game will resolve around the question of Black's King getting after White's Q side pawns

28. f4-f5 Rg6-h6
29. Rf1-d1 Ke8-d7
30. Rd1-d4 Kd7-c6
White had to keep the Black king away from c4, and also needs to make progress with the Q side pawns

31. a5-a6 Bd8-b6
Lucky for me I didn't have to play out this endgame. At end I made one less mistake than my opponent.

0-1