Old August 10th 15, 12:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Gelfand's assault on the world title

Offramp wrote:

Chessbase has an article about Gelfand's attempt to climb the chess Olympus.
http://en.chessbase.com/post/album-6...ng-documentary
The problem is that I remember his attempt to climb Everest as being very half-hearted indeed. He seemed to put very little effort into the classical games at all. He sort of got to base camp then caled off the mission.

Strange since consider the fact that he emulates Rubinstein. He says he studies Rubinsteins games so I guess that is his chess hero. But Rubinstein worked very hard at his game so I guess he didn't imitate that aspect of
him.

EZoto

Old August 10th 15, 11:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc