Old August 25th 15, 09:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default World Championship of Chinese Chess, Round 8 in Munich Germany

World Championship of Chinese Chess, Round 8 in Munich Germany

I lost two games to Japanese players. In round 8 I faced a German player. It proved to be an exciting though flawed game. My opponent played some weak moves in the opening and I gained the advantage. However, somehow I lost the thread and he got back into the game. At the end he started trying to win. However, he overlooked a tricky move I had and I won the game.
This leaves me with 6 points. I won three games and each win counts for 2 points. Naturally I would like to win the 3,000 Euros first prize for non-Chinese. However, that is no longer possible because an Indonesian player has 9 points. Two German players have 8 points but they are playing each other in the last round. So, the best I can do if I win my last game is tie for 3rd, 4th, and 5th place which is about worth about 800 Euros.
Still that is a lot better than the prize I win at most chess tournaments.
Here is the game:
P = Pawn or Soldier
C = Cannon
H = Horse or Knight
R = Rook or Chariot
E = Elephant or Bishop or Minister
G = Guard
K = King or General

Red Ingo Naumann (Germany)
Black Sam Sloan (USA)

1. P3+1 H8+7
2. H8+7 C2=4
3. R9+1 H2+3
4. H2+3 R1+2
5. H3+2 G6+5
6. R1+1 P3+1
7. R1=6 R2+6
8. C2+5 C4=8
9. C8-2 R2=3
10. C8+7 E7+5
11. R9+1 R3=2
12. C8=5 E3+5
13. H2+3 R2=3
14. R9=8 E5-3
15. P3+1 C8+5
16. R8+5 C8-5
17. P3=2 R9=8
18. P2+1 C8=9
19. P2=1 H7+9
20. R8=7 C9=7
21. R6+1 C7+7
22. G4+5 R8+9
23. H3+1 C7=4 check
24. G4-5 R8+9
25. R6+4 C6=3
26. K5+1 R8-8
27. R4=3 R3=5 check
28. H7+5 C3-7
29. H1+3 K5=6
30. H5+4 C3=6
31. H4+2 K6+1
32. K5=4 H9+8
33. H2+4 H8+7
Here Red tried to play H4+2 winning the rook but that move is illegal because the two kings cannot face each other. So, Red resigned because his position is hopeless as all of his pieces will be lost.
Instead Red could have played 33. R3+2 and Black must play H8+9 and the game is complex.
Comments and corrections will be welcomed and appreciated. If there are any errors in the score please let me know.
Old August 26th 15, 12:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Whether you like him or not ( and many don't) Sam Sloan is a very good Chinese Chess Player and he may be the strongest non-chinese chess player in the USA.

EZoto

Old August 27th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Jürgen R. wrote:

Am 26.08.2015 um 01:24 schrieb Euclides Zoto:

Whether you like him or not ( and many don't) Sam Sloan is a very good Chinese Chess Player and he may be the strongest non-chinese chess player in the USA.

Right. Just ask him. In fact, he used to claim he was
the world champion among those who don't count, i.e.
among non-Chinese and non-Vietnamese players.

In fact, he is a patzer. And he is a dung beetle.
Do you really think some people don't like Sam Sloan?
I wonder, why.

Why are you insulting Dung Beetle's? The giant Dung Beetle of Africa is quite an amazing specimen. The best players in the world who were not chinese or
vietnamese were from Germany and England. Winston Williams from the 90's was from England and Michael Neglar was from Germany. They were the strongest players
Simon Henke was a very strong player too. However Sam Sloan isn't at their level at all. Robert Hubner is pretty good too. However Sam isn't a bad Chinese Chess
player. He is stronger in Chinese chess than western chess. He brags because hardly anyone knows who is the best western chinese chess players.

EZoto

Old August 28th 15, 03:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Jürgen R. wrote:

Am 27.08.2015 um 04:30 schrieb Euclides Zoto:

Jürgen R. wrote:

[...]

Right. And don't forget that he argued the most important
case of the 20th century in front of the Supreme Court.

I thought the monkey trial With William Jennings Bryant and Clarence Darrow was.

He was the greatest lawyer of the age, entirely self taught.

Better than Clarence Darrow? Wow. I don't believe that of course.

He could have been the greatest mathematician of all time,
if they hadn't thrown him out at Berkeley.

Wow. Better than Newton, John Nash, etc etc. Talk about self confidence.

He would have been a better chess player than his dear
friend Bobby Fischer, if he hadn't been too busy consorting
with floosies.

We should thank the floosies.

Yes, it is true, there are some very pretty dung beetles.
Sloan isn't one of those.

I agree as well.

EZoto

Old August 28th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

I defeated Winston Williams in a Chinese chess World Championship in Singapore. I feel I was better than him although we were at about the same level.
I think I was better than Simon Henke although our individual game was a draw and we got the same score.
I agree that Dr. Nagler is better than me in Chinese chess. However, I do not think he is a whole lot better. If I am having a good day and he is having a bad day I could possibly beat him. In the tournament just completed he won 4 games and I only won three games.
Old August 29th 15, 12:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

snip

Well, Nash isn't on the level Newton, is he?

Not really at his level but very good. I guess I compare mathematicians to chess players. John Nash I guess would be a Reshevsky or Keres. Guys like Oppenhiemer,
Einstein, Hawking are like the Fischer, Kasparov, Capablanca of Mathematics.

EZoto

Old August 29th 15, 02:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Jürgen R. wrote:

[...]

a) The man's name was Bryan, not Bryant.
b) The trial took place in a state court in Dayton OH
c) Bryan and Darrow, though famous loudmouths, were patzers
in the field of self-congratulation when compared to the
Great Samuel Mohamed Sloan

He was the greatest lawyer of the age, entirely self taught.

Better than Clarence Darrow? Wow. I don't believe that of course.

Darrow *lost* in the Scopes Trial. Sloan *won* his Supreme
Court Appeal.

He could have been the greatest mathematician of all time,
if they hadn't thrown him out at Berkeley.

Wow. Better than Newton, John Nash, etc etc. Talk about self confidence.

Well, Nash isn't on the level Newton, is he? But yes, Sloan
flunked out of Berkeley because they were afraid of him.

He would have been a better chess player than his dear
friend Bobby Fischer, if he hadn't been too busy consorting
with floosies.

We should thank the floosies.

Yes, let's do that.