Old September 6th 15, 06:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Giri's sense of humour

On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 3:28:58 PM UTC+8, Offramp wrote:
Here is a funny comment by Anish Giri and he is referring the game from Sinquefield Cup, the Carlsen vs Topalov game.

"My wife knew about 7...g5 in that Sicilian, I don't know why Carlsen didn't."

This may simply be a statement of fact or it might be a dig. I think it's a small dig and that it shows Giri's brilliant sense of humour.

WTF? Giri's wife is a master! of course she might know this better than Carlsen, who is known for having a weak book. Carlsen once played 2...Ng8 in the Alekhine (and won anyway).

Raise your game, sh iite head. This is Usenet. Sam Sloan posts here, this is not a forum for patzers.

RL