Old October 15th 15, 01:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default What's going on with FICS?

Eliyahu wrote:

Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

I haven't noticed that. I still play there and seems as busy as always.

EZoto

Old October 15th 15, 10:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Old October 15th 15, 12:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

They all are at lichess.org now.
Old October 16th 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Eliyahu wrote:

On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 2:36:30 AM UTC+3, Euclides Zoto wrote:
Eliyahu wrote:

Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

I haven't noticed that. I still play there and seems as busy as always.

EZoto

Bs'd

Just opened Babas, there is NOBODY looking for a standard game, and only 3, amongst whom one guest, looking for a blitz game.

I have to wait ages to get a game.

Just curious. What operating system are you using?

EZoto

Old April 7th 16, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:40:35 PM UTC+3, Rainer wrote:
On 15/10/2015 11:28, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

They all are at lichess.org now.

Bs"d

I also moved to Lichess now. I like it better than FICS, but you cannot use babas there. But the board is OK anyway.

It's good playing there.

Old April 7th 16, 06:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 2016-04-07, Eliyahu wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:40:35 PM UTC+3, Rainer wrote:
On 15/10/2015 11:28, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

They all are at lichess.org now.

Bs"d

I also moved to Lichess now. I like it better than FICS, but you cannot use babas there. But the board is OK anyway.

Is lichess.org only web based?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson
Old April 12th 16, 05:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 2016-04-07, Eliyahu wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:40:35 PM UTC+3, Rainer wrote:
On 15/10/2015 11:28, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

They all are at lichess.org now.

Bs"d

I also moved to Lichess now. I like it better than FICS, but you cannot use babas there. But the board is OK anyway.

Is lichess.org only web based?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Bs"d

Sure looks like it. But it is all free, and they store your games forever, freely accessible. With fics that is only the last 10 games, with chess.com only 2 weeks, unless you pay.

They just should enable babas, but their interface is quite good, so I don't miss it too much.
Old April 12th 16, 08:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 2016-04-07, Eliyahu wrote:
On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:40:35 PM UTC+3, Rainer wrote:
On 15/10/2015 11:28, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs'd

What's happening with FICS? It looks dead there, nobody around.

They all are at lichess.org now.

Bs"d

I also moved to Lichess now. I like it better than FICS, but you cannot use babas there. But the board is OK anyway.

Bs"d

Sure looks like it. But it is all free, and they store your games
forever, freely accessible. With fics that is only the last 10
games, with chess.com only 2 weeks, unless you pay.

I store all my FICS games on my computer. Can I do that with
lichess.org?

They just should enable babas, but their interface is quite good, so
I don't miss it too much.

I don't like playing in a browser.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson