Old October 19th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Hikaru Nakamura, age 10, scores 2450 performance at Chicago Open

On Tuesday, 9 June 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, Sam Sloan wrote:
10-year old Hikaru Nakamura, the youngest Master in American history,
continued to show dramatic improvement in the Chicago
Open, with these round by round results: beat Emory Tate (2438), lost
to GM Larry Christiansen (2658), drew with Albert Chow
(2328), drew with Alex Betaneli (2278), drew with Jim McLaughlin
(2315), drew with Andrew Karklins (2400), and beat 16-year
old Justin Sarkar (2388) for a performance rating over 2450. We feel
Hikaru is a serious threat to break Fischer's record as the
youngest American GM ever!

Full results are available at http://www.chesstour.com

Sam Sloan

....And that was 17 years ago!
Old October 19th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 2:06:00 AM UTC+8, Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 June 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, Sam Sloan wrote:
10-year old Hikaru Nakamura, the youngest Master in American history,
continued to show dramatic improvement in the Chicago
Open, with these round by round results: beat Emory Tate (2438), lost
to GM Larry Christiansen (2658), drew with Albert Chow
(2328), drew with Alex Betaneli (2278), drew with Jim McLaughlin
(2315), drew with Andrew Karklins (2400), and beat 16-year
old Justin Sarkar (2388) for a performance rating over 2450. We feel
Hikaru is a serious threat to break Fischer's record as the
youngest American GM ever!

Full results are available at http://www.chesstour.com

Sam Sloan

...And that was 17 years ago!

As I repeatedly told you before, why are you raising old threads from the dead? Have you no shame, nor any better things to do?

BTW, what are the chances of Naka being: (1) naturally gifted in chess, and, (2) having a chess dad who is also gifted, and, (3) said dad NOT being a biological father? All three of these facts are true about Nakamura.

Does this not point to the hypothesis that chess can be learned, not just inherited? Is this not hope for us patzers who buy tons of books, spend money on chess coaches, and spend countless hours hoping to improve our game though study, even though we may not be 'naturally gifted' at calculating tactics?

Yes. Yes it is.

RL
Old March 19th 16, 03:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

raylopez99 wrote:

[...]

Well right now he isn't doing to well in the candidates tournament.

EZoto
Old March 19th 16, 07:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Well right now he isn't doing to well in the candidates tournament.

EZoto

Finally he gets a win vs Topalov.