Old October 31st 15, 07:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default FIDE-Database

In a paper with the title: "A complete database of international chess
players and chess performance ratings for varied longitudinal studies"
by Robert W. Howard from Australia, which can be downloaded for example
he http://link.springer.com/article/10.3758%2FBF03193903, the author
describes a rating database, which he constructed painfully. At the time
of publication (2006) it was available in the net
(http://education.arts.unsw.edu.au/FIDEBasehome.htm) but today it isn't
anymore.

I like to get this file and my question is: Does anybody know, if it is
available anywhere or did somebody download it at that time and can
provide it now?

The authors e-mail-address ) has expired, too (no such
user!). In case somebody can tell me the current address, I like to ask
him myself.

Manfred Tietze

Old November 1st 15, 12:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On 31/10/2015 20:34, Manfred Tietze wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry that I can't help you with this particular database but all
rating lists are available on the web. Lists from 2001 until present can
be found at https://ratings.fide.com. The best source for older lists is
IMHO https://olimpbase.org.

But after perusing the paper you linked, I venture to guess that you
don't want to assemble all these separate rating lists into a single
database yourself.

SCID (https://scid.sourceforge.net) comes with a comprehensive player
database in text format, perhaps you can make use of it. The latest
version is ratings.zip from this page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scid.../Latest%20data
It contains all FIDE ratings and the author has put serious effort into
sanitizing the data.

HTH,
Rainer