Old December 18th 15, 03:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Two Aged Masters in Trouble

This is something that reminds me of the 1920s.

Bobby Fischer's second, and a very strong GM Bill Lombardy, is being evicted.
http://www.chess.com/forum/view/ches...-being-evicted
He is 78.

But the even more superb Leonard Barden is also being evicted, have a look at http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8000.

When chessplayers start playing poker that is clearly a good career decision. Garry Sobers said that he should've played golf, not cricket.
Old January 4th 16, 01:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 11:37:17 PM UTC+8, Offramp wrote:
This is something that reminds me of the 1920s.

Bobby Fischer's second, and a very strong GM Bill Lombardy, is being evicted.
http://www.chess.com/forum/view/ches...-being-evicted
He is 78.

But the even more superb Leonard Barden is also being evicted, have a look at http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8000.

When chessplayers start playing poker that is clearly a good career decision. Garry Sobers said that he should've played golf, not cricket.

It's entirely possible--though not exactly likely--that both Rev. Lombardy (was he defrocked? I think he dropped out of the priesthood) and Barden are destitute now due to their wanton and profligate lifestyles caused by too much money from playing chess. The curse of riches.

RL