Old February 10th 16, 10:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Judit Polgar on BBC

The BBC web site is showing a short [4m] programme about Judit Polgar,
featuring her 2002 win against Kasparov. See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.
Old February 11th 16, 09:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 10:34:41 UTC, Andy Walker wrote:
The BBC web site is showing a short [4m] programme about Judit Polgar,
featuring her 2002 win against Kasparov. See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.

Nigel Short, who recently opined that women chess players are miserable sacks of excrement fit only to be squashed, will be livid.
Old February 11th 16, 10:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 5:34:41 AM UTC-5, Andy Walker wrote:
The BBC web site is showing a short [4m] programme about Judit Polgar,
featuring her 2002 win against Kasparov. See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.

We may never in our lifetimes see a more gracious loser than Kasparov.

(Somebody get me out of here. I can't believe I lost to a... a GIRL!! I sooo want to pull my hair out and scream my head off--- but I won't. Not here, if front of everyone, anyway.)
Old February 11th 16, 03:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 5:34:41 AM UTC-5, Andy Walker wrote:
The BBC web site is showing a short [4m] programme about Judit Polgar,
featuring her 2002 win against Kasparov. See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.

Thanks for sharing this Andy.
Old February 11th 16, 05:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 5:34:41 AM UTC-5, Andy Walker wrote:
The BBC web site is showing a short [4m] programme about Judit Polgar,
featuring her 2002 win against Kasparov. See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.

Its a curious thing that he did it to himself, much as he did making daft opening moves against Deep Blue -- Judit in the program actually commented on why he should like a not so challenging position from the Berlin Defense, she was obviously not much put out by it.

Her sister Susan told me that she too had played Deep Blue. Haven't gotten the record out of her or Paul yet, nevermind any game scores -- but maybe IBM made that a condition of play?

Kasparov obviously hadn't learned from Fischer who stopped saying he could give any woman a Knight after he played Susan. Her game score against him is not exactly shabby either.

Anyway, a felo de se, as we say.

Cordially, Phil

Old February 12th 16, 02:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 2:54:50 AM UTC-7, Offramp wrote:

Nigel Short, who recently opined that women chess players are miserable sacks
of excrement fit only to be squashed, will be livid.

It certainly is true that not very many women play Chess well. But it is also
well known that a few play it very well indeed.

John Savard