Old February 21st 16, 09:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default The Big Yerm

Yermolinksy quote from Chessville:

"Generally speaking, most chess players are boring, self-centered, money-oriented, poorly educated overgrown adolescents I couldn't care less about. With some exceptions, that includes the Linares crowd and all of the world's top twenty."
Old March 1st 16, 03:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 5:34:38 AM UTC+8, Offramp wrote:
Yermolinksy quote from Chessville:

"Generally speaking, most chess players are boring, self-centered, money-oriented, poorly educated overgrown adolescents I couldn't care less about. With some exceptions, that includes the Linares crowd and all of the world's top twenty."

LOL! It's possible; most of us will never know about this claim since we don't have much opportunity to interact with the world's top twenty. But it sounds plausible, especially the 'poorly educated' part. Then again, Ben Carson, the black US presidential candidate and top-level neurosurgeon, believes in some bizarre history claims, the same as G. Kasparov.

RL
Old March 16th 16, 10:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

?