Old August 23rd 16, 09:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Construction problem

Can anyone give me a position where a player who would be a DMP underdog can double out the opponent?
If all the on-roll player's wins are gammons and the losses are all single then the take point is 50% if recube vig is ignored. However, the possibility of backgammons could give a take point of more than 50% if the backgammons factor is more important than the recube vig.

I think I've asked this same question a few years ago, but I don't think I got an answer so I think the question is interesting enough to bear repeating.

As a supplementary, how about a position where a player who would be a DMP underdog is actually too good to double?

Paul
Old August 23rd 16, 09:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 9:31:45 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
Can anyone give me a position where a player who would be a DMP underdog can double out the opponent?
If all the on-roll player's wins are gammons and the losses are all single then the take point is 50% if recube vig is ignored. However, the possibility of backgammons could give a take point of more than 50% if the backgammons factor is more important than the recube vig.

I think I've asked this same question a few years ago, but I don't think I got an answer so I think the question is interesting enough to bear repeating.

As a supplementary, how about a position where a player who would be a DMP underdog is actually too good to double?

Paul

Sorry, wrong newsgroup -- my mistake.

Paul