Old October 17th 16, 12:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default Hou Yifan -- Nigel Short prize money?

Does anyone know the prize money for the ongoing Hou -- Short match? Thanks.
I don't know how to assess the first game. Should Hou be pleased for drawing
with Black, or should Short be pleased for having an edge for most of the
game? It depends how close Short came to winning, I suppose.

Paul