Old July 1st 03, 04:24 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

Default KRAMNIK speaks

The website is an eyesore, there`s very little material, and usually what he
says is on there, I can`t even find. However, apparently this interview is
legitimate and interesting, though it is in Russian and I can`t read it.
And this is a big deal, IMO, Kramnik is perhaps the most silent reigning
World Champion in history. Botvinnik didn`t play many tournaments during
his reign but he never vanished from the scene like Kramnik nearly did for a
long while. Kramnik is one of the strongest players of all time, but he
happened to come along at a time when Kasparov (not ONE OF the strongest,
but THE strongest) was still in his peak. It`s too bad that he doesn`t play
more often, but I see he`s going to Dortmund which is going to have Anand
and Leko. That should be nice for a change, though I might be hoping Leko
wins with his new, more aggressive style; he`s really gotten world-class.

- Joshua B. Lilly

"Chris Kantack" wrote in message

I've long since learned to ignore any postings from KramnikChess. It is

"nonsensical web site".

Chris