Old July 2nd 03, 06:29 AM
Chino Gunz456

Default Lennox Lewis and the Klitschkos in Chess

lennox brags that he can play chess just to look more versatile but he's weak.
I'm a big boxing fan and i heard the younger brother wladimir klitschko say in
a interview that he and lennox can get together and play a game of chess and
his good friend kasparov can be the ref. So if Wladimir knows Kasparov then u
know he must be a strong player!
Old July 2nd 03, 08:09 AM
Jerzy

"Chino Gunz456" wrote in message
lennox brags that he can play chess just to look more versatile but he's

weak.
I'm a big boxing fan and i heard the younger brother wladimir klitschko

say in
a interview that he and lennox can get together and play a game of chess

and
his good friend kasparov can be the ref. So if Wladimir knows Kasparov

then u
know he must be a strong player!

Not necessarily.
You know, Boris Becker knows Kasparov.
Sting knows Kasparov.
They played chess together.
But they are both much stronger in their professions than in chess ))

Regards,
Jerzy

Old July 6th 03, 05:39 PM
oxtut

(Liam Too) wrote in message . com...
(Mikhail Golubev) wrote in message . com...
Regarding Klitschko:

http://chess-sector.odessa.ua/klichko.pgn

Here's what Nigel Short said about Lennox Lewis as reported by Dominic
Lawson of the NEWS.telegraph:

"Lennox, however, plays a very sharp response, currently fashionable
in Grandmaster chess, and it's all I can do to keep control of the
position. Eventually I do manage to grind him down, but not before
almost falling into a series of devilish traps set by Lennox. (Later
that day I ring Nigel Short and read out the moves to him. The former
challenger to Garry Kasparov is impressed, too: "He's obviously not
too bad. He clearly has the right ideas, and played a lot of very
logical moves." That's a high compliment from Short.)"

More on this link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../03/nlen03.xml

I seem to recall seeing the moves of a Lennox Lewis game with Dominic
Lawson(about 2100 Elo) and he was quite competent circa 1500-1600 I
would guess.
There was another British World champion boxer called Terry Marsh who
had a rating about equal to 1700 . ( he was later charged with
attempting to murder Frank warren - aleading boxing promoter -not
guilty)

There was a game on a Chessbase magazine Cd between Klitchkos and a
strong German young female player for some exhibition/publicity event
and the Klitchkos moves looked not so good to to me I estimate them
at 900-1000