Old July 5th 03, 07:46 AM
Dan Yobry

Default 5 chess matchups that I'd pay $1000 to see

1) Bobby Fischer vs. Gary Kasparov

2) Republicans vs. Democrats (each party chooses five people)

3) George Bush vs. Tony Blair

4) Jay Leno vs. David Letterman

5) Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson

I bet Senator Kerry plays a mean Ruy. I also think the Dems could kick the
Republicans ass anyday. Instead of elections, we hold electoral chess
matches. You win your match, you win the office.

As for Leno vs. Letterman, Leno by far.

Any other matchups you'd pay a cool G to see?

-Dan

--
email me at danyobry(at)attbi.com

Old July 5th 03, 10:05 AM
Wilma

Sandra Day O'Connor vs William Renquist
Donald Rumsfeld vs Colin Powell
Sandra Bullock vs Julia Roberts

Wilma

Old July 5th 03, 05:23 PM
vampke

bush - sadam
bush - osama

the prez would first have to realize how the little horsies move though

"Dan Yobry" schreef in bericht

Old July 5th 03, 07:02 PM
Tom E.

How about Kaspy vs. the latest Chesstiger or
Fritz? Tom

Old July 9th 03, 04:54 AM
RSHaas

They're probably just DD players.

Old July 9th 03, 03:28 PM
M. Sharkey

"Harold Buck" wrote in message
In article ,
"vampke" wrote:

bush - sadam
bush - osama

I think these matchups might end up being a little bloody.

--Harold Buck

Part of my concern would be George attacking pieces he *thought* were on the
board, despite no-one else seeing them... '' I must remove those 3 extra
Knights before I can entrust my Rooks into battle....''

Curmudgeon

Old July 9th 03, 11:49 PM
Dan Yobry

What else would suck is that he would never win. The opponents king would
disappear after a "shock and awe" combination and W would never be able to
deliver checkmate.

-Dan