Old July 6th 03, 03:04 AM
JJNeet1

Default chess movie??

Can someone please tell me the name of the chees related movie that came
out a couple of years ago?I can't remember the name,but I believe its about
some younger players travelling around playing in tournaments?I think you had
to buy the movie from a website.I want to see if I can check it out from the
library,if I can only get the name of it.I've seen Searching For Bobby
Fisher,The Mighty Pawns,and The Luzhin Defense,and want to see this last
movie.I thought this would be the place to get the information.

Thank you, Jon Neet
Old July 6th 03, 05:00 AM

I belive you may be thinking of the documentary "Chess Kids"?
Old July 6th 03, 07:23 AM
Briarroot

JJNeet1 wrote:

Can someone please tell me the name of the chees related movie that came
out a couple of years ago?I can't remember the name,but I believe its about
some younger players travelling around playing in tournaments?I think you had
to buy the movie from a website.I want to see if I can check it out from the
library,if I can only get the name of it.I've seen Searching For Bobby
Fisher,The Mighty Pawns,and The Luzhin Defense,and want to see this last
movie.I thought this would be the place to get the information.

I think you mean "In the Open."

I don't know if will be available at your local library,
or even if it is still available for purchase anywhere;
however, here is the url for the web site of the film's
makers: http://www.wildheartfilms.com/

and here's a url with a review:

http://www.chessopolis.com/ito.htm
Old July 7th 03, 08:05 AM
Zygi

Hello,
i havent seen those movies but i would really like to watch them how can i
get those movies?
I am from Poland
bye
Martin
Użytkownik "JJNeet1" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
I think you mean "In the Open."

I don't know if will be available at your local library,
or even if it is still available for purchase anywhere;
however, here is the url for the web site of the film's
makers: http://www.wildheartfilms.com/

and here's a url with a review:

http://www.chessopolis.com/ito.htm

Thats the one!! Thanks, Jon Neet