Old July 8th 03, 05:34 AM
Eric Hicks

Default 1000 Short Game Puzzles Online

This ought to keep some of you guys busy.

1000 positions distilled from the short games of chess by Irving
Chernev, with Answers! Look at the puzzle, and then click "show answer"
and play through the moves. This constitutes much work.

"http://www.academicchess.com/images/chessviewer/1000positions.htm"

For an index of many more problems, click he

http://www.academicchess.com/play/indexdiagrams.shtml

But these will be changing a lot in the next few months.

http://www.academicchess.com
Best Learning Chess Site on the Planet
Old July 8th 03, 02:08 PM
Samer Adra

I hope I'm not too lazy to go through these a billion times, because
they seem pretty spiffy. Thanks a bunch!
-Samer

Old July 9th 03, 02:55 AM
PJDBAD

Has anyone ever classified all of these games by opening?
Old July 9th 03, 04:55 AM
Eric Hicks

These are diagrams taken from the 1000 short games so they are not
classified. I actually prefer them in this format since it gets right
down to the nitty gritty without playing through the blunders (by nature
one side has to blunder massively to create a short game). The problems
are medium difficulty with combination themes every player should know
since many of them occur frequently in amateur play (i.e. Sacrifices on
f7).

If you found Chernev's collection of short games inputted into
chessbase, then they would automatically be classified. I am sure a
collection like this already exists somewhere.

The link to the problems is herea, since my last link did not work:

http://www.academicchess.com/images/...0positions.htm

http://www.academicchess.com
Best Chess Learning Site on the Planet

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.