Old July 9th 03, 03:58 PM
Hauke Reddmann

Default Nationality of chess pieces (was: If chess pieces could talk)

As a German, I claim the rooks. Elementary.
The other pieces could be trickier...lessee,
the king is a wimp but still most important,
the knights totally unpredictable, and the
pawns might be the Tiger states... :-)
(hey, why have a sexist flamewar without a good old
fashioned nationalistic one :-)

--
Hauke Reddmann :-EX8
Private
Old July 10th 03, 10:10 AM
michael adams

Hauke Reddmann wrote:

As a German, I claim the rooks. Elementary.

OK, if the rooks are policemen, what sort of status would you give them
- beat cop, sergeant, superintendant?..

Old July 11th 03, 04:21 PM
Liam Too

michael adams wrote in message ...
Hauke Reddmann wrote:

As a German, I claim the rooks. Elementary.

OK, if the rooks are policemen, what sort of status would you give them
- beat cop, sergeant, superintendant?..

Nope they eat lots of doughnuts and rightfully, they become rooks.