Old July 9th 03, 04:03 PM
Ivan

Default battery life in chronos

Hi,

Is there a way I can check how much battery life is left in my chronos chess clock?
It was not working yesterday but now today it seems to be fine.
Old July 10th 03, 12:51 AM

I shall speculate that a volt meter might give one a clue as to battery
condition.

I am not a EE, so if I am wrong do advise.

(the original message was cross posted, I choose not to cross post and
recomend that others do likewise).

m...

Old July 11th 03, 08:37 AM
King Leopold

Just pop off the right top button, hold the chronos with your left hand and
place your tongue on the small knob where the right top button was. With you
right hand depress the center buton eight times.
If you feel a little tingle of electricity on your tongue, than your
batteries are ok.
If you do not feel anything, than put the button back on the clock and sell
it on e-bay quickly for half the cost, but don't tell them the battery died.

:-)

om...

Old July 13th 03, 07:12 AM
Brian

Hard to say as others have already mentioned -- by the time you open up the
clock to check, it's easiest to just replace the batteries. If you find
yourself running low a lot, you could rip out the 3 AA batteries in there
and replace them with 3 C (or even 3 Ds fit) ... there's so much room inside
the clock.

-Brian