Old July 15th 03, 04:00 PM
RayDoetsch

Default Gnu chess 5.05

Thank you for information !

Old September 7th 03, 01:33 AM
David Vancina

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

Have fun!

DJV

Anders Carlsson wrote:

(Chess) writes:

How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?

http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html

Seems exactly like what Ray is looking for. I noticed that GNU Chess
official web page is very sparse. Links to precompiled binaries may
not be the primary task for GNU projects, but I believe in this case
it could generate more users.

Old September 7th 03, 01:42 AM
Tim Mann

No, they aren't. I don't have binaries of GNU Chess 5.05 or 5.06 on my
web page.

--
Tim Mann http://www.tim-mann.org/
Old September 7th 03, 10:10 AM
Anders Carlsson

David Vancina writes:

How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?
http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

I think 5.06 is preferred over the buggy 5.02 release. Of course,
Tim Mann could if he wishes to make a link to the mentioned page
so visitors ending up on his pages can find their way to a recent
(although possibly not the very latest) GNU Chess release.

--
Anders Carlsson

"Please not to close to the hair, finger, clothes to run about the
inside's vehicle, in order to prevent quilt involvement." -- Bit Racer

Old September 7th 03, 01:38 PM
David Vancina

Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to the version number. Winboard
downloads with 5.0.2, right?

Old September 7th 03, 03:32 PM
Tim Mann

On 07 Sep 2003 11:10:01 +0200, Anders Carlsson wrote:
David Vancina writes:

How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?
http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

I think 5.06 is preferred over the buggy 5.02 release. Of course,
Tim Mann could if he wishes to make a link to the mentioned page
so visitors ending up on his pages can find their way to a recent
(although possibly not the very latest) GNU Chess release.

I have been waiting for 5.07 because Simon told me there are bugs in
5.06 that are fixed in CVS. That was in May, but 5.07 isn't here yet.
How time flies.

I suppose I can put in a link to the URL you gave, but I have no idea
who compiled that 5.06 binary. I want to have time to download it,
virus-check it, and try it before I recommend it.

--
Tim Mann http://www.tim-mann.org/
Old September 8th 03, 01:20 AM
Simon Waters