Old July 19th 03, 06:07 PM
Ian Burton

Default Dr. Mig?

In an interview of Kasparov that can be found on TWIC, Mig asks the
following question:

Q: I'm a psychoanalyst. What are the most important characteristics to
become a champion chessplayer?

Mig is entertaining, Mig is a fine writer, but Mig as psychoanalyst is going
over top.
--
Ian Burton
[Please Reply to Newsgroup]

Old July 21st 03, 07:04 PM
B. G.

I think you're reading this the wrong way. He's not saying he's a
psychoanalyst. He's saying "Garry, assume I'm a psychoanalyst..." and
then he follows with this question.

Old July 21st 03, 10:20 PM
Mig

From the top of the TWIC page
(http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/migkasp03.html):

(Titled, "Kasparov Book Signing *and* Interview by Mig Greengard")

"After the signing he took questions from the audience. A transcript
is below, followed by further comments on his upcoming FIDE match with
Ponomariov and his match with Fritz that was just announced."

Only the end, the part after "Later we spoke with Kasparov about a few
other items on his agenda" are questions by me. If you don't want to
believe the woman in the audience was really a psychoanalyst, that's
another story.

Oh, I'm not a Russian television reporter either.

Saludos, Mig
http://www.chessninja.com

Old July 21st 03, 10:43 PM
Mig

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:31:27 -0700, "Ian Burton"
wrote:

Aplogies, but even you must admit that Dr. Mig has a splendid ring to it.

True, true, especially if you ask my mother. Personally I'd prefer The
Evil Dr. Mig if I get to choose.
Old July 22nd 03, 04:34 AM
KEJones

wrote:

Aplogies, but even you must admit that Dr. Mig has a splendid ring to it.

True, true, especially if you ask my mother. Personally I'd prefer The
Evil Dr. Mig if I get to choose.

Heheheh! :-)

And what about Mini-Mig??

Ken

Old July 22nd 03, 06:55 AM
Briarroot

KEJones wrote:

wrote:

Aplogies, but even you must admit that Dr. Mig has a splendid ring to it.

True, true, especially if you ask my mother. Personally I'd prefer The
Evil Dr. Mig if I get to choose.

Heheheh! :-)

And what about Mini-Mig??

Or Mig the Magnificent, or Mig the Merciless, or Mig the Motherf...

well, never mind. :-P
Old July 22nd 03, 11:04 AM
Mig

Mini-Mig is already taken, it's Alexander Shabalov! With our similarly
shaved heads we were doing the Dr. Evil little finger thing together
in Seattle at the US Championship but I don't think it was ever caught
on film. Probably for the best!

Saludos, Mig
http://www.chessninja.com

Old July 22nd 03, 06:48 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

Those were questions from the audience. The "I`m a psychoanalyst" was,
apparently, part of a question FROM an actual psychoanalyst being RELAYED by
Mig to GM Kasparov. There was also one from a Russian journalist.

The questions, and their headers (ie. "I`m a psychoanalyst") didn`t
originate from Mig, though perhaps that could have been made a bit more
clear on the site, I can see how it would be confusing.

- Joshua B. Lilly

Old July 26th 03, 11:54 PM
Angelo DePalma

This question reminds me of the Fawlty Towers skit where a doctor is arguing
with Manuel about getting breakfast. Manuel says breakfast is over but the
medicine man insists, "I'm a doctor! I'm a doctor and I want my sausages."

MDs can't help letting everyone know it whenever they can. There's hardly a
topic where it's not important that we know what they do for a living.
Imagine: "I'm a butcher and I think..."

Before y'all start flaming, a psychoanalyst can be a psychologist. He/she
need not have an MD.

Angelo DePalma

Old July 30th 03, 01:28 AM
buh bye

Default Dr. Mig? (still a f)

Mig wrote in message . ..
Mini-Mig is already taken, it's Alexander Shabalov! With our similarly
shaved heads we were doing the Dr. Evil little finger thing together
in Seattle at the US Championship but I don't think it was ever caught
on film. Probably for the best!

Saludos, Mig
http://www.chessninja.com

I was at the US Championships, and I delighted at how many of the
players shunned contact with Michael Greengard, who has just turned
into a complete ****. The only one who granted him some deference was
Nakamura, which is appropriate because the regulars dislike Nakamura
as much as they dislike Michael. I loved Sloan's analysis of
Michael's chess "strength." God I hope he's keeps playing so we can
continue to show him that only he believes he isn't a fishie.