Old July 20th 03, 09:58 AM
richard kennedy

Default searchable newspaper archives?

Chess historians are pointed to http://eagle.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/
where issues of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, from 1841 to 1902, are online and
searchable.

Does anyone know of other newspaper archives that are equally old and searchable?

Rick
Old August 6th 03, 05:40 AM
Jerry Spinrad

Thanks for this tip! Imagine my surprise when my chess searches ran
into the name Spinrad. In fact, all 4 Spinrad hits in this paper were
about chess; apparently one of my relatives was club president, and
introduced Lasker to the club. I had not known this, though I know the
family had always played chess.

Jerry Spinrad