Old July 22nd 03, 02:32 AM

Default Flame Wars for USCF Executive Board Expenses

Flame Wars for USCF Executive Board Expenses

It started with a posting by Tim Hanke on July 19. He said:
"I would settle for having my frigging out-of-pocket expenses
reimbursed, but it doesn't look as if even that's going to happen."

Tim Hanke

What was more surprising was that on July 20, another candidate, Mikel
Petersen, wrote:

No, Sam, this is wrong. The USCF pays the EB members reasonable
expenses when they travel to EB meetings. I checked with the USCF on
this very subject before running for the EB, as I am not willing to
foot the bill for these types of things.

Regards,
Mike Petersen

So, it seems that two of the six candidates ran because they thought
that the USCF would pay their expenses. Apparently they thought that
the USCF would provide them with some sort of expense account where
they could charge their bills. Had they known otherwise, they would
not have run.

This would have meant that there only would have been four candidates
for three seats. It would have saved us a lot of time and trouble.

Old July 22nd 03, 03:49 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

So, it seems that two of the six candidates ran because they thought
that the USCF would pay their expenses. Apparently they thought that
the USCF would provide them with some sort of expense account where
they could charge their bills. Had they known otherwise, they would
not have run.

This would have meant that there only would have been four candidates
for three seats. It would have saved us a lot of time and trouble.

Sam Sloan

Amazing.

This is the exact kind of pure bull**** that spews out of Sloan's mouth
every day that makes people hate him. He professes to know the reason
behind the candidacy of two EB candidates, all without a shred of evidence
or even a plausible theory. He puts words in people's mouths and thoughts
in people's heads like he's the Great Carnack, able to read minds. This is
why Sloan should never, could never, and will never be elected to any public
office, even one as low on the food-chain as the Executive Board of the
United States Chess Federation.

So, to those who wonder why Sloan gets "attacked" on this forum by me and a
plethora of other people, here's your reason. (If his many intentional lies
and willful exaggerations weren't enough.)

Regards,

Matt

Old July 22nd 03, 04:28 AM
michael adams

Petersen, wrote:

No, Sam, this is wrong. The USCF pays the EB members reasonable
expenses when they travel to EB meetings. I checked with the USCF on
this very subject before running for the EB, as I am not willing to
foot the bill for these types of things.

Regards,
Mike Petersen

So, it seems that two of the six candidates ran because they thought
that the USCF would pay their expenses. Apparently they thought that
the USCF would provide them with some sort of expense account where
they could charge their bills. Had they known otherwise, they would
not have run.

This would have meant that there only would have been four candidates
for three seats. It would have saved us a lot of time and trouble.

Sam Sloan

Yeah, you really got sour grapes, just think, Hanke can 'legally'
approach uscf funds, & you can't pay the rent, yah booooh..

Old July 22nd 03, 12:04 PM
Spam Scone

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message news:[email protected]
Amazing.
This is the exact kind of pure bull**** that spews out of Sloan's mouth
every day that makes people hate him. He professes to know the reason
behind the candidacy of two EB candidates, all without a shred of evidence
or even a plausible theory. He puts words in people's mouths and thoughts
in people's heads like he's the Great Carnack, able to read minds. This is
why Sloan should never, could never, and will never be elected to any public
office, even one as low on the food-chain as the Executive Board of the
United States Chess Federation.
So, to those who wonder why Sloan gets "attacked" on this forum by me and a
plethora of other people, here's your reason. (If his many intentional lies
and willful exaggerations weren't enough.)
Regards,
Matt

Matt, I loved Edward Winter's comment on Sam Sloan in his new book A
Chess Omnibus: "The downmarket end of the Internet..." BTW, Sloan will
be unhappy to learn that Edward Winter is probably not going to be at
the US Open in LA, so Sloan won't be able to harrass Winter into
giving him a copy of his book.