Old July 22nd 03, 03:05 AM
Eric Hicks

Default Ban Politics from chess.misc

I thought this was the chess board.

I vote we keep politics off this board since there is plenty to go
around on the other politics group.

I think United States chess politics sucks, and that is why the USCF is
in such bad position, and why the United States remains "the sleeping
giant" in the chess scene (a Kasparov quote).

Reading this group with all the sleazy politics and people inbattling
each other, reminds me on why US Chess depresses me.

Free enterprise will eventually take over in Untited States Chess...the
USCF will eventually step aside..and this group shows enough reasons
why....

Lets keep politics to politics and let this group be the Chess group
where we speak about chess.

That is my vote.

We have to many patzers when it comes to chess politics.

...x
Old July 22nd 03, 06:53 AM
Briarroot

Eric Hicks wrote:

Lets keep politics to politics and let this group be the Chess group
where we speak about chess.

The problem is that the 'rule' can not be enforced.
It's not worth worrying about; just ignore the threads
that don't interest you.
Old July 22nd 03, 12:21 PM
Bill Smythe

"Mhoulsby" wrote:
.... I must admit that *I* have
crossposted several times for the simple reason that I am too ignorant to
figure out how to *prevent* my news server [not necessarily this one] from
crossposting replies to messages which have themselves been crossposted

If you use Outlook, after choosing Reply All, click on the "Newsgroups" (or
"To") area at the top of your reply (or hit shift-Tab a few times), then
edit to your heart's content. Click again on the main body area (or hit Tab
a few times) to get back to the business of writing your reply.

Bill Smythe